DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL: WEEK THREE

RIPPA

The Steelers defense also took some hits last night

Ryan Shzier - sprained MCL (MRI today to see exactly how bad)

Jarvis Jones - wrist injury that requires surgery. Out indefinitely

Ike Taylor - broken right forearm (most likely going on short term IR)

Last night's victory was more costly than the loss against the Ravens.

No time to heal either.   Next two games are against the Bucs and the Jags and I do not want a repeat of last season where we had heartbreaking losses to teams we'd destroy if we were healthy.

No time to heal either.   Next two games are against the Bucs and the Jags and I do not want a repeat of last season where we had heartbreaking losses to teams we'd destroy if we were healthy.

Aww... I already mocked Dan for the we usage. Don't make me yell at you too.

And I could play QB for the Steelers and they will still beat the Bucs and Jags.

I'm actually not all that sure about that. Granted Carolina's offense was the drizzling shits last night but I thought the two guys who replaced Shazier and Jones (Moats and Sean Spencer) looked pretty good. Starting two young guys in our defense was never a good idea in my opinion because literally nobody figures it out until 3 years down the line.

Now losing Ike is a big big problem because the secondary already sucked and now there's literally nobody back there who can cover worth a damn. On the plus side, the next two weeks they face teams with shitty quarterbacks who can't throw worth a damn. It's like the irresistible force vs the immoveable object.

Aww... I already mocked Dan for the we usage. Don't make me yell at you too.

And I could play QB for the Steelers and they will still beat the Bucs and Jags.

Last year the Steelers managed to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory numerous times.  I take no W for granted.

I'm late to the party but god damn, only Kyle Shanahan can have an illegal play in his playbook and not know it's an illegal play. And this man cashes paychecks as an offensive coordinator.

I need more details on this.

I'm late to the party but god damn, only Kyle Shanahan can have an illegal play in his playbook and not know it's an illegal play. And this man cashes paychecks as an offensive coordinator.

http://deadspin.com/that-awesome-trick-play-to-johnny-manziel-was-illegal-1637562400

You can debate what's worse: the OC who wrote the play not knowing it was illegal, or the refs officiating the game not knowing.  The play was only called back because a running back didn't set properly, not because it was against the rules. 

Former ref Mike Carey knew, but he's an analyst for CBS now. 

So many trick plays in so many games yesterday.  The curmudgeon in me feels like this will work itself out in a few weeks and we'll get back to real football.

BJGE seems like a logical choice from the list of available free agents.  They could also pluck someone off a practice squad too.

Chris Rainey is available, but given his past issues and Carolina's current player issue with DV, doesn't seem too likely.

http://deadspin.com/that-awesome-trick-play-to-johnny-manziel-was-illegal-1637562400

You can debate what's worse: the OC who wrote the play not knowing it was illegal, or the refs officiating the game not knowing.  The play was only called back because a running back didn't set properly, not because it was against the rules. 

Former ref Mike Carey knew, but he's an analyst for CBS now. 

So many trick plays in so many games yesterday.  The curmudgeon in me feels like this will work itself out in a few weeks and we'll get back to real football.

The NFL is due for someone to pull a David Patten in a game (or an LDT/Walter Payton), no?

Other "name RBs" available appear to be

Felix Jones

Tashard Choice

Michael Turner

Michael Bush

DJ Ware

I didn't include Andre Brown since he is serving a suspension

EDIT - oh and I didn't include Beanie Wells because remember he tore his Achilles

Both Jonathan Stewart and Mike Tolbert are getting MRIs

With DeAngelo Williams already hurt - the Panthers have no healthy RBs at the moment

Damnit, why did Fozzy have to get hurt too! This was the chance I was hoping he would get there!