DVDVR Message Board

2014 WORLD CUP THREAD

RIPPA

So, since he's been a long-time avatar on this very board and is playing in this game... how exactly do you pronounce Dirk Kuyt's name?

K'out (pronounce "out" as though you are Ricky from Trailer Park Boys)

Mexico gets away with a hack on the back of Robben's ankle.  Would have been a penalty for Brazil.

Why are the announcers acting like that was a great save by Ochoa? It was hit right at him and I'm not convinced that he knew anything about it. It could have just as easily deflected off of him and went in.

It fits into the narrative, but I don't think he deserves a lot of credit there.

Robben has always been and will be remembered as being a cheating cunt.

And anyone saying things like "there was slight contact" "It's Marquez's fault for giving him the opportunity to dive" Just fuck off, contact doesn't mean a foul, a defender making a challenge in the box isn't to blame for some twat cheating.

Fifa/Uefa never do anything about it, why bother trying to stop cheating, time wasting, racism, asking why we've had grounds with empty seats during the world cup again they'll just concentrate on the important things like changing decades old national kits for no real reason, giving referee's shaving foam and investigating players for wearing the wrong underwear

Gutted for Mexico. terrible performance from Holland, apart from the second half against Spain i haven't been impressed with them but they'll probably now make the semis. Never thought the prospect of Brazil vs Holland in a World Cup semi could have me so uninterested.

# This reads as a super pissed off rant but honestly i'm more depressed than anything.

Robben has always been and will be remembered as being a cheating cunt.

And anyone saying things like "there was slight contact" "It's Marquez's fault for giving him the opportunity to dive" Just fuck off, contact doesn't mean a foul, a defender making a challenge in the box isn't to blame for some twat cheating.

Fifa/Uefa never do anything about it, why bother trying to stop cheating, time wasting, racism, asking why we've had grounds with empty seats during the world cup again they'll just concentrate on the important things like changing decades old national kits for no real reason, giving referee's shaving foam and investigating players for wearing the wrong underwear

Gutted for Mexico. terrible performance from Holland, apart from the second half against Spain i haven't been impressed with them but they'll probably now make the semis. Never thought the prospect of Brazil vs Holland in a World Cup semi could have me so uninterested.

# This reads as a super pissed off rant but honestly i'm more depressed than anything.

Guess you missed where Moreno actually went through the back of Robben's ankle in the first half, and Robben didn't get the penalty despite trying to stay on his feet.

Just think of all the good teams not playing in this tournament at this stage and we get this shit. I hope it ends in a double dq or count-out and they're both eliminated.

NOOOOOOOMEXICO!!!!!!!

I genuinely feel bad when our neighbors lose.  It's like the opposite of how I feel about Canadian hockey fans. 

Maybe it's because when they're obnoxious I can't understand what they're saying and it just comes off as enthusiastic.  I need to finally learn Spanish.

Just think of all the good teams not playing in this tournament at this stage and we get this shit. I hope it ends in a double dq or count-out and they're both eliminated.

I would much rather watch Netherlands/Costa Rica than Netherlands/Greece, since I must choose.