DVDVR Message Board

APRIL PHOTO THREAD

I look at it differently. I see a lot of sick old people in my line of work, and the majority of them have given up. Heenan clearly hasn't, sure it sucks that he's having to deal with all of this, but his spirits still seem to be high and he's still getting the most he can out of life. That, to me, isn't sad, rather it's pretty damn uplifting.

• Like 9

I look at it differently. I see a lot of sick old people in my line of work, and the majority of them have given up. Heenan clearly hasn't, sure it sucks that he's having to deal with all of this, but his spirits still seem to be high and he's still getting the most he can out of life. That, to me, isn't sad, rather it's pretty damn uplifting.

I obviously hadn't looked at it like that. I had just seen it as being incredibly sad that someone as sharp tongued as Heenan is now unable to speak. I could have made the joke that I meant it was sad that Heenan was posing with Adam Pearce.

The saddest thing is that Bobby Heenan has been virtually unavailable to make guest appearances on WWE TV. It's sad to imagine what Heenan could've done as a RAW guest host or even a guest commentator. 

I would totally listen to Heenan doing commentary over old matches on the Network or giving thoughts on dvd documentaries. That's something he could do off-camera if he can still speak.

Unfortunately, according to Jim Ross, Heenan can barely speak. He's mentally all there, but he can only whisper a word or two and have it be understandable, apparently.

Someone getting him involved with social media (ie Twitter) somehow could be a great option though.