DVDVR Message Board

The Big Game v.48

Dolfan in NYC

It is like I said, Peyton Manning is going to get the Daniel Bryan babyface treatment that will be almost Tebow like from the media.  Good thing the game isn't on CBS because I can't imagine two weeks of Jim Nance

I think Peyton is smart and more experienced enough to handle this Seahawks defense but I really wonder if Eric Decker and Wes Welker has the toughness to handle this secondary.  

I honestly have no idea who wins this game.

Both are west teams that in theory don't like traveling east. Seattle is generally not as good away from home. Peyton (weather real or imagined) has a rep for not liking cold and snow. Both are outstanding teams in completely different ways.

Sherman probably added a million viewers to the game with his outburst. It's good for the promotion if nothing else, although it's going to be hilarious watching what the media does with it.

Can Denver keep Lynch quiet? Can the Seahawks corners slow down the Broncos at all?

I guess I'll take Denver by 6? Fucked if I know.

So, the best offense in NFL history against the second best pass defense of the last 25 years.

That's...  a pretty damn good matchup, all told.

I think if the weather holds up.. Peyton gets them. Seahawks offense is looking real shaky too. It looks like their D needs to play lights out.

You know this is one of those situations where the usual weather factor won't come into play with Peyton. He's had a chip on his shoulder since he signed with Denver, and he took one on the chin from Baltimore last year. By all rights, they should've been in the game and probably won XLVII. I think Manning came into the season feeling like he had something to prove to everyone, especially because of the Eli/Peyton argument. Don't be surprised if Manning actually glows when he comes out of the tunnel in New York. This is his season, and it has been since day 1. Will he retire next year? I think it boils down to how much of this years Broncos are kept around. If the nucleus stays intact, I'd bet even money Manning does it one more time to shut the Eli homers down completely. In either case, I don't expect to see him playing at 40, but I DO see him on the sidelines as a coach not long after. It's also a job he was born to do.

• Like 1

So, the best offense in NFL history against the second best pass defense of the last 25 years.

That's...  a pretty damn good matchup, all told.

I think if the weather holds up.. Peyton gets them. Seahawks offense is looking real shaky too. It looks like their D needs to play lights out.

Getting Seattle is probably what the Broncos wanted.  Sure, their defense is incredible.  But the Seattle offense isn't designed for shootouts.  If Peyton and Co. get ahead early--especially with how they're eating the clock recently--and the Denver D does anything, the Broncos will be tough to beat. 

In other news, I don't think I can watch another day full of NFL and NOT be on here monitoring things in real time. The most fun I had in a long time. Just a blast to interact with everyone while watching the games.

• Like 1

In other news, I don't think I can watch another day full of NFL and NOT be on here monitoring things in real time. The most fun I had in a long time. Just a blast to interact with everyone while watching the games.

It's so funny... one of the best thing about the board is that RAW can't be commented on in real time, yet the real time game chatter is awesome.