DVDVR Message Board

The Big Game v.48

Dolfan in NYC

You're so full of shit, FSW. Peyton's fans are everything you ask for. FFS, in the NFL offseason thread, you were saying to give RG3 of all people a chance and shitting on those that gave up on him. Meanwhile, Peyton's fans are awful because we favor the guy so much we'll watch him play for whatver team he's on.

It's easy to look like you're the top dog when you beat up on teams in the shitty NFC

Wait, you think the AFC was stronger than the NFC?  LOL.  

Not only do the Seahwaks play in the best division in football, but Philly, GB, NO, Car, SF and SEA is an unquestionably better group of teams than Denver, NE, Cin, SD, KC and IND.  Hell, Arizona would probably beat the other five AFC teams if they played tomorrow and they didn't even make the playoffs.

You're so full of shit, FSW. Peyton's fans are everything you ask for. FFS, in the NFL offseason thread, you were saying to give RG3 of all people a chance and shitting on those that gave up on him. Meanwhile, Peyton's fans are awful because we favor the guy so much we'll watch him play for whatver team he's on.

Support the team, not the players. RG III is the Redskins QB and has had one good season and one bad. Indy fans weren't bothered about Peyton when Luck came around, now there's some sort of bizarre cult of Peyton Manningty going on. You fucked him off, he's at a conference rival, you don't cheer for him.

And the cheer leading on here is one level below the guys begging John Cena for a retweet on twitter.

Support the team, not the players. RG III is the Redskins QB and has had one good season and one bad. Indy fans weren't bothered about Peyton when Luck came around, now there's some sort of bizarre cult of Peyton Manningty going on. You fucked him off, he's at a conference rival, you don't cheer for him.

And the cheer leading on here is one level below the guys begging John Cena for a retweet on twitter.

Indy had to cut ties with Peyton. There was no certainty on whether or not Peyton would be able to even play football again, and with the amount of money Indy would have had to possibly pay a player who wouldn't play another snap, they couldn't do that. At the same time, they had the #1 pick with Luck. Plus, as I said over and over again, even if Peyton could play, no way would I want him playing with the offensive line in Indy, which would have lead to him getting destroyed. When the Broncos came to play Indy, who do you think Indy fans wanted to win? They, myself included, wanted to Colts to win. We can cheer Peyton all day when he's playing anyone other than the Colts, but when he plays the Colts, he's just another player on the opposing team.

Not one Colts fan worth a damn was saying "fuck Peyton Manning, he sucks, get rid of him." If anything, more vitriol was spewed at Bill Polian for how he handled the whole situation with Manning, as well as with Jim Irsay for things he's said after Manning was gone. In fact, you seem to be painting all of us the same as Jim Irsay, which is bullshit. Jim Irsay is an idiot and a two-faced piece of shit, especially when you're part of the duo yanking Peyton out the door.

It's easy to look like you're the top dog when you beat up on teams in the shitty NFC

Not only do the Seahwaks play in the best division in football, but Philly, GB, NO, Car, SF and SEA is an unquestionably better group of teams than Denver, NE, Cin, SD, KC and IND.  Hell, Arizona would probably beat the other five AFC teams if they played tomorrow and they didn't even make the playoffs.

I base this on Denver having a marginally tougher schedule this year than Seattle.

Hrm. More talk about this game then I expected.

And ever since Manning blamed his kicker for losing a playoff game during an interview at the 03 Pro Bowl, Manning strikes me as that guy who will say its okay in public but try to knock the shit out of you behind closed doors.

Sherman is still working the marks hard today.  To go along with his column on SI, he is also making the radio stops:

SVP: "You do try to get under peoples skin, though.  You did say you mad bro to Tom Brady that one time, right?"

Sherman: "There was no mic on me at the time.  No on ever heard me say that."

*radio silence*

I base this on Denver having a marginally tougher schedule this year than Seattle.

Any team that played the Raiders twice, the Jaguars and the Texans cant boast about having played a tougher schedule than anyone.  You can throw the Titans and the Redskins on the Broncos shit team parade from this season too.

Any team that played the Raiders twice, the Jaguars and the Texans cant boast about having played a tougher schedule than anyone.  You can throw the Titans and the Redskins on the Broncos shit team parade from this season too.

Seriously... I cannot see how anyone thinks the Broncos played a harder schedule.

Seattle to get to the Super Bowl has played:

49ers x 3

Saints x 2

Carolina

Arizona x 2

Broncos played:

Chiefs x 2

Patriots x 2

Chargers x 3

While I think nothing is gonna stop Peyton from winning, I'm rooting for Seattle, solely because I want to see what these asshats have to say when Sherman is holding the trophy:

http://publicshaming.tumblr.com/post/73920503580/dumb-racists-outraged-that-football-star-Richard

That's a dumb reason to cheer for Seattle because I guarantee you those same people will say the same shit about D. Thomas is he scores a TD and celebrates. Racists are racists. The jersey doesn't matter to them.

Just to add some STATZ to the SOS argument...

Seattle's SOS was .490, SOV (strength of victory - essentially, the winning % of the teams they beat) was .445.

Denver's SOS was.496, SOV was 423.

And considering Denver beat them twice...

Kansas City's SOS was .445, SOV was .335 (third-lowest in the league, behind just Jacksonville and Atlanta). Their best win was the Eagles back in week 3, when the Eagles sucked.

I'm solely looking at the regular season, not playoffs opponents.

And while I was initially wrong, I was wrong by so incredibly little:

• The Broncos opponents had a combined record of 96-112
  • The Seahawks opponents had a combined record of...96-111

So while you can see that Denver faced a shit parade, Seattle largely faced the same shit parade, so I'm not even sure what Bagfelt is talking about. Seattle too got to have wins over Jacksonville and Houston, but they also feasted on St. Louis twice, Atlanta twice, Tampa Bay twice, the Giants, and Minnesota. Denver's cupcakes included Jacksonville, Houston, Tennessee, Oakland twice, the Giants, and Washington.

Denver's tougher opponents included:

• San Diego twice
  • Indy
  • Kansas City twice
  • Philadelphia
  • Dallas
  • New England
  • and maybe Baltimore

Seattle's tougher opponents included:

• Indy
  • San Francisco twice
  • Arizona twice
  • New Orleans
  • Carolina

So do we really want to continue the argument that Seattle's schedule was soooooo much tougher than Denver's? I'd be willing to compromise that they're pretty damn even, but looking at who each team played and how those team's performed, I'm inclined to give a slight edge to Denver.