DVDVR Message Board

The Big Game v.48

Dolfan in NYC

Peyton already said he's coming back next year pending the results of his physical in March. I also think this is Peyton's "fuck you" season where he does everything and anything to win another ring. There's too much going for the Broncos at this point and I just don't think it's the Seahawks' time yet. 

And Peyton already gives zero fucks about much vaunted defenses. Ask the Jets defense how they felt after Peyton dissected them in the AFC Championship Game however many years ago.

It will come down to weather. I think the Niners would have rolled them, but I have a lot of trouble imagining Seattle keeping up here unless we get lots of wind. I'm thinking blowout Denver.

But hey, it's still Peyton Manning. He could be in FU mode, or he could be building up to the biggest choke of them all.

Peyton already said he's coming back next year pending the results of his physical in March. I also think this is Peyton's "fuck you" season where he does everything and anything to win another ring. There's too much going for the Broncos at this point and I just don't think it's the Seahawks' time yet. 

And Peyton already gives zero fucks about much vaunted defenses. Ask the Jets defense how they felt after Peyton dissected them in the AFC Championship Game however many years ago.

That was a thing of beauty.  First quarter, and midway through the second, Peyton looked utterly lost, and you would have sworn the Jets had his number.  Then he figured it out and just up and destroyed them.

That was 2008, right?  Year they lost to the Saints? 

With the line that small, I wonder if the betting's even going to be that heavy one way or the other. Denver would seem to be the obvious pick to gamblers.

I don't see how picking Peyton in cold weather against the best defense in football is the smart bet.  It's going to be a great game, but Seattle has looked like the favorites all year and I don't think that as changed.

They scored 23, some of which was off turnovers and big special teams plays. Denver is actually quite good against the run right now which is what Seattle wants to do. Denver's big weakness is in the secondary and the Seattle receivers are average at best.

See, I don't think Seattle holds Denver under 27. That's my issue with the game. How does Seattle get to 27 or over. It can happen, I just don't know how. It'll probably have to be with the defense creating a lot of it. I like Denver because you can pretty much pencil them in for high twenties.

No way can you pencil in Denver for high 20's against this defense. I'm not saying Seattle's offense is great, but their numbers would look quite a bit better if they switched schedules with Denver. 

The only top 10 defense Peyton has even seen this year was in the games against KC and KC was sliding down the rankings by that point in the season.  I would even argue that every team in the NFC West has a better defense than KC

• Like 1

The fact remains that Seattle is going to need to beat the Broncos with a passing attack, which is something they don't do very well. Actually, Seattle is close to the bottom of the league in terms of passing. Meanwhile, the Broncos defense is more than ready to stop Lynch. For instance, they held Jamaal Charles to less than 100 yards rushing earlier in the season, not to mention putting a boot on the throat of LeSean McCoy.

Call me crazy, but I'll go with the team that has maybe the most prolific quarterback in the history of the league, who himself has one of the best minds for offense in the league, regardless of the Seahawks sporting a top ranked passing defense.

I just want to point out I've been calling Crabtree overrated for weeks. The best corner in football agrees. Now that the 49ers are out, I'm off the Seattle bandwagon. Foxy deserves a title, he's been a great coach for a long time.

34-21 DENVER

You can still make plays on Seattle's secondary. Even if they don't test Sherman. Lets say Sherman shuts down Thomas which is a possibility even though Thomas is  better than Crabtree. You still have to worry about Welker, Decker, the other Thomas, Caldwell, Moreno in space...  they are absolutely loaded. Kaepernick went right down the field on them working the middle and the outs which Peyton is a GOD at. Peyton wouldn't lack the awareness to throw a deep pass at Sherman into the end zone when it wasn't needed.

I just want to point out I've been calling Crabtree overrated for weeks. The best corner in football agrees. Now that the 49ers are out, I'm off the Seattle bandwagon. Foxy deserves a title, he's been a great coach for a long time.

34-21 DENVER

That says more about how much of a fraud Carolina is than anything else.

I think I watched just about every Broncos game this year, and something Manning did with this team, he's done with his Colts teams. In this game, he relied heavily on Demaryius, but Demaryius may not even receive a single target in the Super Bowl. Manning relies on his receivers and tight ends in spurts. Anyone recall how Decker went multiple games with one or no targets, to then have 2 to 3 games with multiple targets, with a handful being in the end zone? Same thing occurs with Julius Thomas and Welker.

If anything, the AFC Championship Game may be Denver's biggest key to victory. Manning used Demaryius and Welker so much that they could both be drawing the bulk of the coverage, while Manning throws underneath to Decker and Julius all day. No one in the league has as many weapons as Manning and Seattle hasn't faced an offense with this kind of a quarterback with this many weapons at his disposal. It's easy to look like you're the top dog when you beat up on teams in the shitty NFC, New Orleans excluded, and the shitty AFC South, who Seattle had trouble with. They got blown up by Indy, trounced Jacksonville, but then had trouble beating Houston and Tennessee.