DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL DRAFT

RIPPA

Bill O'Brien said the Texans will definitely draft a QB - just who knows what round

Which made me think "Oh God - if they draft Derek Carr it will be the greatest thing ever"

Bill O'Brien said the Texans will definitely draft a QB - just who knows what round

Which made me think "Oh God - if they draft Derek Carr it will be the greatest thing ever"

Oh come on, Shitzpatrick is the Franchise! Just ask us Bills or Titans fans. . .  :)

Is everyone sleeping on Derek Carr? I mean I know he's probably not first round material, but still.

My dream is Texans take Mathews with the #1 or Trade with Cleveland. Then with the 33rd Pick (First of the 2nd Round) They take Carr

From page one

See that says to me you want them to take him to be their starter

I want it for the comedic value

• Like 1

Is everyone sleeping on Derek Carr? I mean I know he's probably not first round material, but still.

My dream is Texans take Mathews with the #1 or Trade with Cleveland. Then with the 33rd Pick (First of the 2nd Round) They take Carr
From page one

And him as there starter wouldn't be comedic?

From page one

Sounds like Oakland might beat them to it since sources have said they are smitten with him

NFL officially announced the compensatory draft picks (remember this is based on the 2013 offseason)

49ers: 3rd (100)
Bears: None
Bengals: 6th (212), 7th (252)
Bills: None
Broncos: None
Browns: None
Buccaneers: None
Cardinals: None
Chargers: None
Chiefs: None
Colts: None
Cowboys: 7th (248), 7th (251), 7th (254)
Dolphins: None
Eagles: None
Falcons: 4th (139), 7th (253), 7th (255)
Giants: 5th (174)
Jaguars: None
Jets: 4th (137), 6th (209), 6th (210), 6th (213)
Lions: 4th (133), 4th (136)
Packers: 3rd (98), 5th (176)
Panthers: None
Patriots: 4th (140)
Raiders: None
Rams: 6th (214), 7th (249), 7th (250)
Ravens: 3rd (99), 4th (134), 4th (138), 5th (175)
Redskins: None
Saints: None
Seahawks: None
Steelers: 3rd (97), 5th (173), 6th (215)
Texans: 4th (135), 6th (211), 7th (256)
Titans: None
Vikings: None

I think it is just the Bills making noise as a misdirection, everyone knows what it 'costs' to move up and there is no star player this year worth anything close to that investment (some would argue no player is worth that investment).  At the most I could possibly see them moving up a couple if Mack or Watkins were still available at a certain time, but certainly not up to first.

Yea I just don't see them trading their 1st, 2nd, and next year's 1st and 2nd (an example but about what it would take if not more) just to move up to #2 to get Robinson, especially if Lewan or Matthews will still be available if they are going OT.  Trading up is just so costly I don't think any player this year is worth it.

Yea I just don't see them trading their 1st, 2nd, and next year's 1st and 2nd (an example but about what it would take if not more) just to move up to #2 to get Robinson, especially if Lewan or Matthews will still be available if they are going OT.  Trading up is just so costly I don't think any player this year is worth it.

For that cost? Hell to the NO. . . .

When I think of CFL players I think of exactly "Guys not committed to football for NFL levels of money". That makes a bunch of sense.

• Like 1