DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL DRAFT

RIPPA

So Jaworski said that Manziel shouldn't be higher than a third round pick, and then when asked to give a grade to Johnny Football he said Incomplete.....because he has only watched five games of his. Aside from the complete misunderstanding of the grading system, shouldn't a man who gets paid handsomely to have opinions on Quarterbacks find the time to watch more than five games for the most highly talked about quarterback prospect?

In a stunning lack of self-awareness and pot-kettle-black, we've got superstar NFL coach Barry Switzer weighing in on JFF with this:

"I'm gonna tell you. I said Johnny Manziel is ... I don't like his antics. I think he's an arrogant little prick," Switzer said. "I've said that and I'll say it again. He's a privileged kid, he's embarrassed himself, he's embarrassed his teammates, his program. He's embarrassed his coach. And they'll all have to defend him because they have to coach. I know that. I spent 40 years in the damn game so I know how it works."

I'm not sure I can describe how much that quote makes me laugh.

• Like 1

In a stunning lack of self-awareness and pot-kettle-black, we've got superstar NFL coach Barry Switzer weighing in on JFF with this:

"I'm gonna tell you. I said Johnny Manziel is ... I don't like his antics. I think he's an arrogant little prick," Switzer said. "I've said that and I'll say it again. He's a privileged kid, he's embarrassed himself, he's embarrassed his teammates, his program. He's embarrassed his coach. And they'll all have to defend him because they have to coach. I know that. I spent 40 years in the damn game so I know how it works."

Good gawd

Funny thing though, in basically the next breath, he said Manziel is the best college quarterback he's ever seen. 

The big thing with Manziel is you have to wonder whether or not he may have gotten spoiled by being able to consistently scramble around in circles for 10 to 15 seconds and chucking it up for grabs 40 yards down the field to always have Evans easily high point the ball each and every time? Keep in mind this was occurring against the likes of Alabama too so in Manziel's mind if he could consistently work this kind of bullshit ball magic against the biggest baddest dudes the SEC had to offer why couldn't he wing it with equal success in the NFL?

Keep in mind this was occurring against the likes of Alabama too so in Manziel's mind if he could consistently work this kind of bullshit ball magic against the biggest baddest dudes the SEC had to offer why couldn't he wing it with equal success in the NFL?

I've heard quite a few compliments about Manziel's general sports knowledge and football knowledge recently. For his sake I hope it is true. There is a clear recent example of what it means to go up against the baddest dudes in the SEC. Be one of the best college quarterbacks ever and be out of the league at 26. 

At least one NFL team, possibly more, asked Blake Bortles if his girlfriend would be joining them for dinner when he was being interviewed. 

Hard to imagine why NFL execs would be interested in meeting her:

Lindsey_Duke_8.jpg

• Like 1

Prospect Who Left Combine Because Of God Spent Three Days In Airport

On one hand, at least he's been found alright, but he still sounds like he needs to talk to a professional about the situation. No, a pastor probably doesn't count in this instance.

Sounds like a case of adult-onset schizophrenia.  He's the right age for it.  I hope he gets real help.