DVDVR Message Board

2014 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/TERRIBLE PROJECTS...

RIPPA

Movie executive #1: You know what does well at the box office? Liam Neeson swearing revenge on people!

Movie executive #2: So let's get him to do a movie with us where he's swearing revenge on people!

Movie executive #1: But his schedule is already full. He's doing 92 movies this year where he swearing revenge on people!

Movie executive #2: Um...OK. Let's get Keanu Reeves to swear revenge on people!

Movie executive #1: Over a dog!

I love Hollywood.

Deadline is reporting that Universal is negotiating with Matt Damon to have Damon return to the Jason Bourne role

Supposedly - if the deal happens - the movie would get the July 2016 spot currently reserved for the next Jeremy Renner Bourne movie and that movie would get delayed to who the fuck knows when.

Deadline is reporting that Universal is negotiating with Matt Damon to have Damon return to the Jason Bourne role

Supposedly - if the deal happens - the movie would get the July 2016 spot currently reserved for the next Jeremy Renner Bourne movie and that movie would get delayed to who the fuck knows when.

They have already gone down the rabbit hole and made Treadstone agents a product of some super solder drug.  Unless they retcon that shit out, I am already hardwired to hate the next movie.

• Like 1

Now I'm wondering how many movies there are where the sequel was in a different language than the original.  Can't think of any others.

edit: Upon further review... Dead Snow was definitely in Norwegian; Wiki lists Dead Snow 2 as being in Norwegian and English, and looking at that hospital bit in the trailer more carefully, I think the English dialogue in that part is an overdub.

But yeah, all horror fans should watch the original.

I could have swore that had come out long ago, then I realized I had confused the Dead Snow series with the Cold Prey series. 

If you're into Lost in the Snow in a Remote Location Horror Movies, there's also Hell's Pass which I really liked and I'm normally not a fan of found footage movies.

Now I'm wondering how many movies there are where the sequel was in a different language than the original. Can't think of any others.

edit: Upon further review... Dead Snow was definitely in Norwegian; Wiki lists Dead Snow 2 as being in Norwegian and English, and looking at that hospital bit in the trailer more carefully, I think the English dialogue in that part is an overdub.

But yeah, all horror fans should watch the original.

El Mariachi was in Spanish and Despardo and Once Upon a Time in Mexico were both mostly in English.

Undaunted by audiences not being able to figure out what to think about Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter, Seth Grahame-Smith is currently trying his hand at a big screen adoptation of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

Matt Smith, late of a four season run on Dr. Who, is joining the cast.