DVDVR Message Board

AEW - APRIL 2024

I'm wondering g what benefit at all wasting 15 minutes of TV time will provide?  No one watching is going to change their minds about anyone involved, it's not gonna get Punk fired, you can't actually pay it off.  Just makes Tony and the Bucks look more fragile.  Put it on a podcast or YouTube, don't waste airtime you already have not enough of on it.

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Petty TK is the best, and anyone saying he "shouldn't do this" after what Punk said last week is no fun at all.

He shouldn't do this.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I'm wondering g what benefit at all wasting 15 minutes of TV time will provide?  No one watching is going to change their minds about anyone involved, it's not gonna get Punk fired, you can't actually pay it off.  Just makes Tony and the Bucks look more fragile.  Put it on a podcast or YouTube, don't waste airtime you already have not enough of on it.

I agree with you, but if “I choked him a little bit” didn’t really happen than it’ll put into question things said and joked about and potentially ease insecurities for vanity reasons. Saying that, I agree with you. 

If done right, could dig out a buried angsty Jungle Teen. If done wrong (which is most likely) can look pathetic. We’ll see Wednesday.

Edited by Octopus

In other news, the announced matches over the next week are the most interesting ones in a while.

Dynamite:

• Copeland vs PENTA
  • Joe vs Dustin (Eliminator)
  • Jericho/HOOK/Shibata vs Taylor/Moriarty/Ogogo
  • Mariah May vs Anna Jay II

Rampage:

• Julia Hart vs Leyla Hirsch

BOTB

• Strong vs Rocky (Eliminator)

That's all stuff that I am legitimately looking forward to or are just weird and wacky enough to be interesting.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Matt D said:

In other news, the announced matches over the next week are the most interesting ones in a while.

Dynamite:

• Copeland vs PENTA
  • Joe vs Dustin (Eliminator)
  • Jericho/HOOK/Shibata vs Taylor/Moriarty/Ogogo
  • Mariah May vs Anna Jay II

Rampage:

• Julia Hart vs Leyla Hirsch

BOTB

• Strong vs Rocky (Eliminator)

That's all stuff that I am legitimately looking forward to or are just weird and wacky enough to be interesting.

I'm excited they're running May/Jay back so soon. It sounds like a blast.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Old-Fashioned Gamer said:

if it’s just a pr stunt to pop a rating, welp, it’s one or the few things the company could do this weekend to draw attention away from WWE,

WWE has been firing shots at AEW all week. Given ample opportunity to say "We're going to have a great couple of shows on Saturday and Sunday, be sure to watch on WWE Network or the domestic cock", instead they've been acting like they're obsessed with the competition. AEW deciding to capitalise on that is the exact professional wrestling move they should be doing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Watching Collision last night my opinion of Joe/Dustin improved once they announced it wouldn’t be for the title. I mean the match should be interesting at worst but it initially seemed like they had just realized they could do a Rhodes/Samoan title match at the near last minute. Maybe pushing the limits of how much TV time you can spend indirectly/directly referencing people who don’t work here anymore.

Instead Joe beats Dustin on Wednesday and they keep the ball rolling with the Swerve match.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I hope its real footage with The Bucks doing in-character commentary over it. Apparently there is no NDA at all related to the incident so nothing Punk can do about it, as long as they don't so severely edit it that they show the events too far out of context. I'm sure AEW's lawyers have that part covered. Petty TK is the best, and anyone saying he "shouldn't do this" after what Punk said last week is no fun at all.

He had reporters asking him about this before and it’s always, “Sorry I can’t talk about it.” He’s spineless.

• Haha 1

Said the same of Punk: none of these people have been saying enough in public and it’s refreshing and demystifying to hear them do so. Waive the NDAs for All Out and let everyone put their cards on the table. People will move on. It’s fine. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Really the questionable part of this announcing it in the middle of Wrestlemania weekend when a certain amount of people aren’t paying attention or will forget it’s happening after tonight.

It’s all dumb but I’m now talking and thinking about Dynamite when I was full on WWE mode. So there’s that. But everything is dumb and I’m dumb and everything is dumb. 😕

16 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Said the same of Punk: none of these people have been saying enough in public and it’s refreshing and demystifying to hear them do so. Waive the NDAs for All Out and let everyone put their cards on the table. People will move on. It’s fine. 

There's no moving on from this. Ever. And that's not how NDAs work. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

TK just needs to find his Joey Styles who can relay certain messages. Sorry Excalibur and Schiavone, you two might have too much credibility for this role. 

Tony Schiavone who voiced on his own podcast that he's sick of this and wants to move on and doesn't want to talk about it. I doubt he likes how this is going right now.

3 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Tony Schiavone who voiced on his own podcast that he's sick of this and wants to move on and doesn't want to talk about it. I doubt he likes how this is going right now.

Yeah out of all the people working in wrestling now, I could see Schiavone being a guy who didn’t exactly enjoy 1998/99 Bischoff and would prefer TK not veer onto that rail too.

Then again Schiavone had an insane workload around that time of WCW too so he was probably gonna be burnt out even if the promotion didn’t light itself on fire.

• Sad 1

Stoked for the footage. The graphic with the Bucks and no Punk/Perry reference does appear troll like, Meltzer is saying it's legit but won't show the part with Tony and I can't imagine they would air anything unless it directly contradicts what Punk said in the interview (or at least discredits the rest of his story). Not sure what the Bucks could add, by all accounts they weren't present

And if it's not legit? That's a huge swing and you gotta respect it but it could really back up on them

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Godfrey said:

Stoked for the footage. The graphic with the Bucks and no Punk/Perry reference does appear troll like, Meltzer is saying it's legit but won't show the part with Tony and I can't imagine they would air anything unless it directly contradicts what Punk said in the interview (or at least discredits the rest of his story). Not sure what the Bucks could add, by all accounts they weren't present

And if it's not legit? That's a huge swing and you gotta respect it but it could really back up on them

Even *IF* it's real, and even *IF* it does contradict Punk's comments, it's still low-class Springer show garbage. Utter pathetic nonsense.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

If all this turns happy excited about wrestling early AEW Schiavone into bitter unfun dick late WCW Schiavone then I will be very disappointed in everyone 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

32 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Even *IF* it's real, and even *IF* does contradict Punk's comments, it's still low-class Springer show garbage. Utter pathetic nonsense.

Yea, it’s fighting g childish behavior with childish behavior. Danielson better fine everybody 

• Thanks 1

Airing this footage helps nothing. Like @Raziel said, just put it up on YouTube or whatever. This shit is so tribal and everyone is in their camps that it’s not going to matter to AEW or WWE fans. No one is changing flavors for this.

For fucks sake, TK, you’re acting like Niners. You’re not a message board poster. There are zero internet points to be won. You’re a close enough to Chicago guy that hopefully you’ve watched the Bear. And if he hasn’t, the for the love of god someone play this clip for TK:

• Like 1