DVDVR Message Board

James Bond the VII

Dolfan in NYC

If you are to believe The Sun, (and who doesn't!) Aaron Taylor-Johnson has been "formally offered" to become the 7th man to play James Bond. 

For his part, this is what ATJ said: 

In a new interview with Rolling Stone UK, Taylor-Johnson, who is promoting Sony’s Spider-Man spin-off Kraven the Hunter, said: “I can only really talk about the things I’m going to show and tell. So, The Fall Guy, Nosferatu, Kraven the Hunter. I don’t feel like I need to have a future drawn out for me. I feel like, whatever’s drawn out for me, I can f***ing do better.”

The outlet noted that he delivered the answer “with a wry smile”.

Elsewhere in the interview, he continued to pour water on the idea he might be Bond by saying he “doesn’t necessarily want... doing one action movie after another” to be his “brand”.

Since the next Bond is gonna be a big thing, it gets its own thread.   The thread will change titles when the new Bond is picked and we have details on the new movie. 

No details have been set on the 26th Bond movie yet, other than it is confirmed to be happening. 

31 minutes ago, Leonidas said:

I'm sorry no, not allowed. James Bond can't be younger than me, it will rip a hole in the fabric of spacetime or something.

Don't worry, his wife is older than you.

• Haha 1

Since everything gets a spinoff, prequel, and reboot nowadays I don't see why they don't just do a Moneypenny spinoff. You could even do an M prequel and have Judi Dench bookend it by telling a newly minted 00 Moneypenny about what it's like to be a woman in the spy game and go on to do a 60s/70s espionage movie with a young M on her first mission.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

Since everything gets a spinoff, prequel, and reboot nowadays I don't see why they don't just do a Moneypenny spinoff. You could even do an M prequel and have Judi Dench bookend it by telling a newly minted 00 Moneypenny about what it's like to be a woman in the spy game and go on to do a 60s/70s espionage movie with a young M on her first mission.

I mean, it's been done:

• Like 3

18 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

I don't think EON has ever really wanted to do any spin-offs, there was some talk of one with Halle Berry's character from Die Another Day, but I kind of remember that being more just to hype that flick than them actually going through with a spinoff. 

• Like 1

Perhaps it's finally time to reboot the series with a female lead. 

On 3/20/2024 at 6:44 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

If you are to believe The Sun, (and who doesn't!) Aaron Taylor-Johnson has been "formally offered" to become the 7th man to play James Bond. 

For his part, this is what ATJ said: 

Since the next Bond is gonna be a big thing, it gets its own thread.   The thread will change titles when the new Bond is picked and we have details on the new movie. 

No details have been set on the 26th Bond movie yet, other than it is confirmed to be happening. 

I don't.

On 3/20/2024 at 9:44 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

the 7th man to play James Bond.

The seventh Broccoli/Saltzman Bond that is. 

I know a film with seven James Bond’s in it. 

• Like 2

On 3/20/2024 at 3:21 PM, Leonidas said:

I'm sorry no, not allowed. James Bond can't be younger than me, it will rip a hole in the fabric of spacetime or something.

Don't worry he will age quickly. By the third film he'll look 65.

On 3/21/2024 at 10:26 AM, Kuetsar said:

Can't be another movie; Bond's dead.

Nothing like having the movie James Bond died in still have the "James Bond will return" credits tag.

The Resurrection of James Bond, coming to a theater near you?

• Like 1