DVDVR Message Board

R-EVOLUTION V - 3/3/2024

2 hours ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

Or maybe have it be a ten minute exhibition with no winner or loser. 

(Terrible idea)

“Why can’t they just have nice wrestling matches where the boys just have fun and no one gets hurt!!?!” - my mom probably 

• Haha 5

I think that could actually work really well. Have Ospreay start to win around the 10 minute mark, do a couple of the finishers he has to do in order every time before the Stormbreaker (😛) then have the bell ring all of the sudden and show Callis holding the hammer and have him say on the mic "It was just an exhibition! 10 minute time limit!" to "cost" Ospreay the match. Will gets pissed off, asks for five more minutes. Ring attendant rips the bell and hammer away from Callis, rings it, Takeshita immediately cheats. Ospreay starts to win again and the Family jumps him en masse. 

Put me in, Coach!

• Like 1

This is a really good card so far. I'm a proponent that not everything on a card should be for me, which is a necessity with AEW. I can't imagine actually watching Ospreay vs Takeshita unless I lose a bet, but I imagine more than half of you are excited for it. They've done the best possible build for Sting/Darby vs Bucks imaginable. Still not the choice I would have made for Sting's last match but at least the execution has been good. They announced or started building towards things earlier than usual and it's been a net positive all around. It almost has a Sting Stampede 94 vibe where the promotion is about to change heavily (Mercedes. Ospreay, Okada coming in during March) and we're getting a last blast of what the company has been on the way out. Though I imagine we're getting some wild tag tournament out the other end of this, so it won't be changing too much. And hey, look, while the personal issues at play might have made it more tolerable than usual, if Hangman's injured, it's not the end of the world as triple threats are almost always inherently terrible. Anyway, Garcia vs Christian and BCC vs FTR II are great in-ring additions. That is all.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 6

If Hangman is out of the match, I really think it makes sense for a Swerve win. Being injured and missing a title match AND your hated rival getting the win because (in your mind) you weren't there to prevent it can push him further over the edge.

Also, when Osprey/Takeshita was announced, my literal first thought was "Matt D's gonna hate this."

• Like 3

It's probably the right decision but it also feels like undercutting Joe to cut his reign short like that, especially if this really is a "thanks for saving All In" reign.  

I think you have Joe retain with a slightly screwy finish and then give it to Swerve at the rematch.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

It's probably the right decision but it also feels like undercutting Joe to cut his reign short like that, especially if this really is a "thanks for saving All In" reign.  

I think you have Joe retain with a slightly screwy finish and then give it to Swerve at the rematch.

That's what I'd do. I want Samoa Joe to hold it till Double or Nothing.

According to Fightful, Hangman isn’t hurt, he’s just a very convincing seller when he wants to be.

46 minutes ago, JLowe said:

There’s also MEAT MADNESS~! although I expect that could end up on the Buy-In

The only thing better than MEAT MADNESS~! is FREE! MEAT MADNESS~!!!

• Like 2

Given the price of beef these days it would be awesome. 

Is there really a Meat Madness thing or was this just Callis rambling? I was joking about there being a tournament, though obviously we've talked about this before and all would dig it. (Hell, all you'd have to do is say "Hey Tony, NEW BELT" and he'd probably start with the Pavlovian drooling.)

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Given the price of beef these days it would be awesome. 

Is there really a Meat Madness thing or was this just Callis rambling? I was joking about there being a tournament, though obviously we've talked about this before and all would dig it. (Hell, all you'd have to do is say "Hey Tony, NEW BELT" and he'd probably start with the Pavlovian drooling.)

Right after Wardlow’s promo, either Schiavone or Excalibur did the “just got word from Tony Khan” and it literally used the term “Meat Madness”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I don’t know where the “hoss” subset of fans fit in TK’s Venn diagram of booking, along with the joshi and deathmatch contingents.

Hoss, joshi, deathmatches and Puerto Rico interviews are about all that I still like.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MKERyan said:

Brody King’s pure beef, though he shouldn’t be involved in something like that unless he’s winning. 

Throw him in. There's too many ppl protected as it is. Nobody wants to see King get lost in the 'In Action' vortex - home to the likes of Will Hobbs and Wardy. AEW's protection plan is problematic enough to nearly make a case for McRapist's theory of beating somebody whose over to see if they can maintain. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Throw him in. There's too many ppl protected as it is. Nobody wants to see King get lost in the 'In Action' vortex - home to the likes of Will Hobbs and Wardy. 

You’re right, I don’t, especially since Brody is light years ahead of both those guys.

• Like 1

Alvarez update on Hangman Adam Page:

"Hangman is not hurt. 

He worked an ankle injury. And the reason that he worked the ankle injury is because he has something going on in his personal life and he may not be able to work the pay-per-view.

If he can't work the pay-per-view then this is the cover story as to why he can't work the pay-per-view, he injured his ankle.

Virtually nobody knew about it and I don't know if even the people in the match knew that he was going to do this. 

There were people very close to Hangman who even this morning didn't know what was going on. 

I presume that him and Tony talked about it but I can't tell you that for sure. 

The point of the story is, he is okay. He may work the pay-per-view, he may not work the pay-per-view and I don't know if we're going to know whether he's going to work the pay-per-view or not until maybe the last minute. 

I don't know what the personal issues are but they are there and that's what's going on."

---

Personal issues suck. More important than a wrestling match. Best wishes to Hangman Adam Page.

Alright so we can think of guys not in AEW for Meat Madness. Tankman. That Volcano guy from CMLL. (Who is the other huge dude they have that's supposed to be really good?) Jacob Fatu. Who can we get from Japan? It's a shame that I can think of a Mexican meat-man before a Japanese one, come on guys, you are the home of sumo FFS. I guess Okabayashi and Sekimoto are still going strong? 

• Like 1

On 2/14/2024 at 5:28 AM, zendragon said:

I’d like Sting and Darby to win and Vacate, leading to a massive 32 team tournament including representation from AAA, CMLL , TNA , DDT and NJPW. Winner defends against Darby and a partner of his choosing 

Love this idea, and would love to see them able to do it over a live Friday/Saturday block like when they have Battle of the Belts to do it 2 night true Crockett Cup style. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Love this idea, and would love to see them able to do it over a live Friday/Saturday block like when they have Battle of the Belts to do it 2 night true Crockett Cup style. 

I wouldn't say no to a Contential Tag Team Classic either. Hoping that's on the way.

• Like 1