DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 1/29 - 2/4/2024 - Ice Ice Bayley

I miss when the Russian was defending his title on TV. Instead they did the segment where the two guys that are supposed to fight get on the mic and talk, then have a match, at the end of the show instead of the beginning and just cut the match entirely out instead. I just... *throws hands up*

In theory, you save Dom’s babyface turn for right when Rey is ready to retire as a full time performer and you have him save his dad from some evil heel and then they have a tag match to send Rey off on a happy note.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

I know it's my fault for trying to keep up with WWE, AEW and NJPW all at once, but I'd be pretty happy not to see tournaments for a little while, especially on NXT where it feels like we've had one going at all times since the Heritage Classic. 

That is because they waited too damn long to do the Dusty Cup and Breakout tournaments. Everything ended up super close together instead of months apart like usual.

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

But Dom...  there's the interesting one.  He needs to NOT be a face, like, for years at least.  He is *hyper over* as a heel and is ready for a main roster singles title run of his own, and the Fed knows it.  But with Rhea sort of straddling that fence, they probably need to break them up soon-ish... Maybe at Mania if she loses her belt and he somehow is the one to take the IC belt off Gunther.  (Think "ugh, I don't need this loser anymore" delusional heel mindset.)

They need to move Dom to Smackdown and make him US champ, maybe even join Legado del Fantasma just to fuck with Rey.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

Oh, and I know the story was heading towards it for a while but I kind of question doing a bikini calendar storyline with the news last week. 

Also who tries to sell 2024 calendars in February? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

Cody said during his GM-for-a-day night that they were doing the Women's Breakout, Men's Breakout, and both Dusty Cups back to back so it follows that we will see that start next week and run thru the March special (whatever they call shows like Halloween Havoc that are regular Tuesday shows but have a name and a band and matches set up in advance and pushed like PLEs). Henley/Sinclair, Hail/Jayne, James/Izzi and Jackson/Legend seem like locks. Probably at least one main roster team and 3 more TBD. 

I know it's my fault for trying to keep up with WWE, AEW and NJPW all at once, but I'd be pretty happy not to see tournaments for a little while, especially on NXT where it feels like we've had one going at all times since the Heritage Classic. 

Good thing you don’t watch CMLL. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Roman Reigns vs. The Rock vs. Cody Rhodes at WrestleMania XL?

Cody Rhodes uses his Royal Rumble won at Elimination Chamber instead like John Cena did winning the 2008 Royal Rumble match but used it at No Way Out 2008 instead?

Cody Rhodes vs. Seth Rollins IV at WrestleMania XL?

Cody Rhodes uses his opportunity at SummerSlam?

Cody Rhodes has a stash of stupid Sting pills.

• Haha 1

guessing the odds-on favorite for spiciest thing said on-screen in regards to Cody's WWE stint will involve some AEW guy trying to make Ricky Starks going to the WWE a self-fulfilling prophecy by telling Ricky to "go north to be in the midcard with your friend Cody" or something suitably ill-advised to say on a wrestling TV show in a promotion with its own problems.

The person who beats Roman is.... probably not gonna be Cody. Hell they might just turn Roman face at this point and have his conqueror be Solo Sikoa so that Roman can come back and win the Rumble next year.

If there's as much turbulence in the WWE higher echelons due to a certain Vince, then what tells you the next people running things have to give a damn about Cody.

So, in the promotion where he had the pull, Cody books himself to not be allowed to challenge for the main title. Now, he gets shuffled aside so an up-and-coming youngster can take his spot. Dude’s never going to get to be on top. 

• Like 2

Cody Rhodes looks a wuss stepping aside for The Rock. It's always been about the WWE Championship, the title Dusty Rhodes never won. It's like WWE's trying to appease those if indeed it's Rollins/Rhodes than Reigns/Rhodes but the World Heavyweight Championship is a consolation prize and will be seen as such.

• Like 2

Don’t get me wrong. Rock/Roman is absolutely the match they should be doing while they can still do it. It’s just that, if you knew that was the match, why even do this stuff with Cody?