DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JULY 2023

4 hours ago, porksweats said:

Can't vouch for their take but I personally like QTV and wonder where it's going to go.

1 hour ago, JLowe said:

She actually has a pretty impressive flow considering, if they wanted to go for some Iggy Azalea deal with her (as a heel) it could work. In terms of in-ring, I only recall one match and she was fine. I would not putThe Acclaimed with her, though.

glad there's people who enjoy the schtick, i honestly don't see the appeal, but we all have different tastes.

• Like 1

I once ate a whole bbq'd octopus and it was delicious, previous to that I'd only had tentacle pieces in things like chirashi

e: coincidentally it was in Minneapolis, so I hope it wasn't a relative

Edited by elizium
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, elizium said:

I once ate a whole bbq'd octopus and it was delicious, previous to that I'd only had tentacle pieces in things like chirashi

e: coincidentally it was in Minneapolis, so I hope it wasn't a relative

You monster 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, twiztor said:

glad there's people who enjoy the schtick, i honestly don't see the appeal, but we all have different tastes.

I always forward through QTV, can't stand any aspect of it, if anything the fact that she actually has decent flow doesn't fit with what they're trying to do with her in theory.

• Like 2

I'm beginning to wonder if that "banned moves" thing from last week was total BS. Kota did a buckle bomb in the B&G match. While one could understand why he may not be up to speed on such things, it wouldn't explain the Bucks going along with it since they did a double eznuigiri as part of the spot. Also there was a suplex into the buckles during the 2/3 falls match last Saturday.

• Like 1

I enjoy the story they’re telling with Jack Perry. He started as a Boy with his Dinosaur that eventually gets betrayed by his father figure. Now we’re in the entitled brat phrase of Jungle Teen who will have to learn the error of his ways. Then he can grow into Jungle Man and be righteous and respectable in the community.

• Like 11

14 minutes ago, Octopus said:

I enjoy the story they’re telling with Jack Perry. He started as a Boy with his Dinosaur that eventually gets betrayed by his father figure. Now we’re in the entitled brat phrase of Jungle Teen who will have to learn the error of his ways. Then he can grow into Jungle Man and be righteous and respectable in the community.

The jungle community, of course.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Octopus said:

I'm pretty sure the pre-match video was supposed to be Jack Perry burying the Jungle Boy character, but I think they got the boots wrong?

7 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

I'm beginning to wonder if that "banned moves" thing from last week was total BS. Kota did a buckle bomb in the B&G match. While one could understand why he may not be up to speed on such things, it wouldn't explain the Bucks going along with it since they did a double eznuigiri as part of the spot. Also there was a suplex into the buckles during the 2/3 falls match last Saturday.

Tony said it was more rules for the refs. (Insert joke here). 

Edited by matt925

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

It's really funny because he's still wearing the goofy-ass floppy Jungle Boy boots, they're just black now and have nothing to do with his character.

They're evil tassles!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Heh. Now the X-ray of Bryan's arm looks just like the one of my upper right. 

My wife said that she's tougher than Danielson because she got 10 screws and he's only got 9.  Can't argue with her math.

• Like 8

think I got ten. The crazy thing was: I was drunk one night looking at my rows of vinyl on the floor on a shelf, got up and either tripped on a new, very slick velvet-kinda blanket hanging off the bed or was just drunk and lost my balance, and fell back with the point of my elbow hitting the side of the bed, actually mattress I believe. I remember immediately going "OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT" but was thankfully feelin no pain, so to speak. My folks took me to the doctor almost TWO DAYS later and I discovered I not only broke my humerus bone but dislocated my fucking shoulder. They juiced me up with a bunch of fentayl and hacked in... and the scar looks like a 7" train wreck. It has a numb indention in the bottom and you can literally see white stitch marks over a thick pink scar. They butchered me.

It was funny going into the ER and them telling me they were giving me fentanyl and me asking "isn't that what's going on in the streets right now and everyone's dying?" and the attendant told me "it's okay, we're professionals" haha

Edited by Curt McGirt

7 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

think I got ten. The crazy thing was: I was drunk one night looking at my rows of vinyl on the floor on a shelf, got up and either tripped on a new, very slick velvet-kinda blanket hanging off the bed or was just drunk and lost my balance, and fell back with the point of my elbow hitting the side off the bed. I remember immediately going "OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT" but was thankfully feelin no pain, so to speak. My folks took me to the doctor almost TWO DAYS later and I discovered I not only broke my humerus bone but dislocated my fucking shoulder. They juiced me up with a bunch of fentayl and hacked in... and the scar looks like a 7" train wreck. It has a numb indention in the bottom and you can literally see white stitch marks over a thick pink scar. They butchered me.

They butchered you with the blade, huh? See any bunnies while doped up?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2