DVDVR Message Board

Ran an Update. Think I broke some skin

RIPPA

Just a heads up when running this update I got the following warning that some board skins might not have been compatible with said upgrade

• DarkVelvet
  • Navy Nights
  • NISE BLACK BLUE
  • VaporRun
  • IPS Default
  • 70's Autumn

The IPS Default will fix itself but since I think the rest were DEAN creations.... I might have to figure out how they are broken... well more so than usual.

In addition to the above, the quote and spoiler tools when you make a post are gone.

On desktop Chrome the notification bubbles that pop up at the bottom of the screen only seems to have text about half the time.

Default skin doesn't show the name of who's being quoted in quote-bubbles anymore

Yeah I'm on the seemingly not broken Strong Climb skin and these are all kinda borked on here as well.

They pushed a patch out that I just ran and the system cache was cleared 

May or may not have done more harm than good

EDIT - Actually I can see the quote and spoiler buttons again and see who quoted what so I am calling that a win

• Like 3

The Maryland Verizon people are still in a bad way unfortunately. I had a period earlier in the week/last weekend where it mostly resolved itself for a couple of days but now we have to go back through the main site and click a few things to get here and it doesn't last. It works on my phone at least so that's something.

It's not just Maryland.  Verizon's McAfee box it blocking the site over its SSL cert (which I don't ever think was up to date or valid ever anyway).  

Oh yeah forgot to mention that

In cleaning the system cache - everyone got set to default

As you have noticed - you can just select whatever skin you want and it should stick 

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

The Maryland Verizon people are still in a bad way unfortunately. I had a period earlier in the week/last weekend where it mostly resolved itself for a couple of days but now we have to go back through the main site and click a few things to get here and it doesn't last. It works on my phone at least so that's something.

That annoyed the tar out of me until I got my login sorted out for Verizon's app.  I turned off McAfee which still had site monitoring as a default option anyway.  After that I was able to get into everything.

10 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

How do you change skins again? I haven't done it in forever.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page - you will see a drop down menu 

On 6/15/2023 at 8:15 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Switching around seems to break it.  I can't see the name/time of a person who's quoted in a thread.

Yeah I'm getting this same thing too

*edit* and now it's fine. Weird.

Edited by BrianS81177