DVDVR Message Board

2023 NBA OFFSEASON

Brian Fowler

Just the three stars will almost put them over the new second apron next year. They aren't going to be able to do a damn thing to change this team for a few years, so it better work out.

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Well if Chris Paul need some encouragement to call it a career, getting traded to the Wizards has to be it

Presumably he gets rerouted pretty quickly. Maybe to the Clips. Or he still gets that buyout Phoenix was gonna give him, gets paid $15.8 million to not play for Washington and can sign wherever.

LOL.  Pairing Bradley "Balsa Wood" Beal with Kevin "Step on a crack, break your mother's back" Durant; this will end well.  And Ayton is still too fucking soft to defend Jokic, Embiid, Giannis, Lopez, Davis, or anyone with real talent and moves.  All that money to get bounced in the second round, indeed.

Edited by Contentious C
  • Like 1

Correcting myself: nearly all of CP3's money is now guaranteed (28.4 out of 30.8) due to salary matching the trade. So he's either going to get traded to a contender or accept a buyout for good money.

8 hours ago, Contentious C said:

LOL.  Pairing Bradley "Balsa Wood" Beal with Kevin "Step on a crack, break your mother's back" Durant; this will end well.  And Ayton is still too fucking soft to defend Jokic, Embiid, Giannis, Lopez, Davis, or anyone with real talent and moves.  All that money to get bounced in the second round, indeed.

I find the Ayton question here fascinating. In 2021 during their run to the finals he was solid or better as an interior defender, including against Davis and Jokic. So the big question is, how much of his suddenly drifting away from the basket on both ends, and falling in love with the midrange jumper, etc was about him versus about his collapsed relationship with Monty Williams. If he can accept the dirty work role again and play like he did then, and if KD, Booker, and Beal can at least stagger their injuries and all be healthy in the finals, that's gonna be a dangerous starting five. If he's the guy he was this year, and they all miss 25 games, with the utter lack of depth... They could be fighting for a play-in spot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

Yowza.  My assumption is that he'll end up resigning in GS, but I have nothing to back that up.

Him not opting out would have been the surprise. Everyone has said they want Draymond back. Letting him walk just reduces the luxury tax bill, it doesn't actually open any cap space. I don't see any team out there offering up some crazy deal to Draymond, so I think he ends up back with the team.

9 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Yowza.  My assumption is that he'll end up resigning in GS, but I have nothing to back that up.

What a world, where someone scoring 8.5 Points a game and starting an "Affected-the-whole-team all seaon long fight" is worth more than 27.5 million a year.

The problem is GS's offense doesn't really work without his passing and screening and they have no cap space to replace that.

I'm guessing he'll get less than $27M but more years.

You're both right.  And with how sick to my stomach I was at looking at Christian fucking Braun, what I would have given for Dray to have kicked him in the dick after every basket or board he inexplicably got. 

Riley is probably working on the PowerPoint for his team as we speak. 

• Haha 1

Apparently Portland is "preparing a significant offer" to Miami to bring in Bam. 

Imagine thinking the team that wouldn't give up Bam for Durant would give him up for fuckin Jerami Grant.