DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 1/19/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Mox's speech brought a tear to my eye. Love that dude. Glad to see him back and looking lean. He hasn't lost his edge. I'd like to see him feud with either Danielson or Miro next. 

Where's Lio? I know he was at BOLA so he's not hurt. COVID issues? In the dog house after calling out TK for the Big Swole thing? Was Dante's turn on Lio not actually a swerve and he just decided he didn't want to be in Team Taz either?

Are they gonna make Dan Lambert/Archer a more permanent thing? Jake's got the COPD so I know travel is kind of rough/risky for him so it's not a bad pairing. I also like it better than Lambert with Men of the Year since both those guys can already talk. The idea of a loudmouth asshole manager just barely able to control his pet monster needs to be done more often in wrestling.

That Cody promo sure was something? Kind of all over the place. Cody is a tremendously pompous asshole but he's kind of got a point? I hope Sammy wins the unified title and it sends Cody further down his sprial though.

12 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

This is King of the Ring '99 erasure. 

It's character consistency. Remember the E&C promo after Edge won KOTR 2000 where he promised not to "Billy Gunn" his tournament win. I like the idea that Christian has just been a smug asshole towards Billy for 22 years now. 

Sting rules. The Acclaimed have a bright future.

• Like 6

Just now, davekool666 said:

Maybe this was already answered as my tablet isn't loading, but what did the douchebag in the crowd yell that Mox told him to go fuck himself and for security to throw him out?

Something like, get the garbage truck to get this trash out the ring. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Casey said:

Welcome the Black Parade, bitch. ??

I laughed out loud when he said that, line of the night! And that’s with Caster dropping a perfect “gory self-mutilation” reference in his rap (another great one, Max is on a roll).

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, davekool666 said:

Maybe this was already answered as my tablet isn't loading, but what did the douchebag in the crowd yell that Mox told him to go fuck himself and for security to throw him out?

Something to the effect of “get this drunk piece of shit out of the fucking ring”, if I’m remembering the Reddit post correctly.

6 minutes ago, davekool666 said:

Maybe this was already answered as my tablet isn't loading, but what did the douchebag in the crowd yell that Mox told him to go fuck himself and for security 

Beaten to it. 
Edited by Jiji

Mox's return was so great. Punk's squash was spot on. Black and King were killer...love their music. Cody can be a really good promo when he wants to be. Archer and Kaz went too long...but Hangman looked fucking good standing up to Lance. And Sting....what a run he's having. 

It feels so good to be happy and excited for weekly pro wrestling like this...can't wait for Friday night!

• Like 6

So much going on all throughout and so much fun. Wondering if Orange gets the win next week since it's "lights out" and won't count towards win/loss records for Cole. 

I love an epic Cody promo, his pipe bomb. Got a "shut the fuck up" chant followed by "Cody sucks" and he still somehow turned it all around to get a "Cody" chant in there. Laughed at the Walter name change jab. Looking forward to the ladder match. Cody can still come off like a mega star.

Very different feeling episode of Dynamite with three squashes instead of every match going picture in picture. Then the match I expect to be a squash in Archer/Kazarian unexpectedly goes 10 minutes. I like both guys and wish we saw more of Kazarian these days. Archer is a fun next challenge for Hangman to beat. Main event was a blast.

Moxley's return was perfect. Love the F bomb to kick it off and set the tone. Great to see him back.

• Like 5

Just now, DreamBroken said:

So much going on all throughout and so much fun. Wondering if Orange gets the win next week since it's "lights out" and won't count towards win/loss records for Cole. 

Bingo. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

It's character consistency. Remember the E&C promo after Edge won KOTR 2000 where he promised not to "Billy Gunn" his tournament win. I like the idea that Christian has just been a smug asshole towards Billy for 22 years now. 

This tracks and I love it. Thank you. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

Mox's speech brought a tear to my eye. Love that dude. Glad to see him back and looking lean. He hasn't lost his edge. I'd like to see him feud with either Danielson or Miro next. 

Where's Lio? I know he was at BOLA so he's not hurt. COVID issues? In the dog house after calling out TK for the Big Swole thing? Was Dante's turn on Lio not actually a swerve and he just decided he didn't want to be in Team Taz either?

Are they gonna make Dan Lambert/Archer a more permanent thing? Jake's got the COPD so I know travel is kind of rough/risky for him so it's not a bad pairing. I also like it better than Lambert with Men of the Year since both those guys can already talk. The idea of a loudmouth asshole manager just barely able to control his pet monster needs to be done more often in wrestling.

That Cody promo sure was something? Kind of all over the place. Cody is a tremendously pompous asshole but he's kind of got a point? I hope Sammy wins the unified title and it sends Cody further down his sprial though.

Sting rules. The Acclaimed have a bright future.

Not to be that guy, but Kurt Angle won the 2000 KOTR. Edge won in 2001.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

Oh and PAC!!!

This was a weird one.  Pac rules and I'm always happy to see him, but that felt like the same video we saw last week, and cutting to shots of Malakai Black while he was in split screen was very awkward.  I also didn't like seeing Malakai acting frightened by practically the same video that aired last week.  Ha, loved seeing he and Brody guzzle up the Blondes tho.  

8 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

I love an epic Cody promo, his pipe bomb. Got a "shut the fuck up" chant followed by "Cody sucks" and he still somehow turned it all around to get a "Cody" chant in there. Laughed at the Walter name change jab. Looking forward to the ladder match. Cody can still come off like a mega star.

Absofuckinglutely.  Great promo.

• Like 1

Obviously kinda hard to say for sure, and we’ll have a better idea on Friday, but it looked like Mox has slimmed back down to his pre-2018 build. It’ll be interesting to see if his ring style changes as a result of his lifestyle changes.

• Like 1