DVDVR Message Board

DC TV (2022)

RIPPA

Peacemaker was great.

I’m just now starting Flash season 8, and… it’s not promising three episodes in.  Does it get better or should I go ahead and jump ship now?

“Heads up but Barry is losing his mind.”

”Hey guys, where’s Joe?”

”WHAT THE FUCK BARRY HOW DARE YOU?!?!?”

Edited by JonnyLaw

“Hey guys, I think we should probably let the timeline run its course and erase Thawne from history, given that he’s a time traveling maniac hellbent on destroying our lives and who almost succeeded without us even realizing it.”

”WHAT THE FUCK BARRY YOU MONSTER!!!!!”

Barry later that episode:

giphy.webp

Edited by JonnyLaw
  • Like 2

I guess I still have the trainwreck of season 7 in my head, but I thought season 8 was mostly ok. Not a lot of Iris, or Katelyn/Frost, and they kinda let Barry and Cecille carry things and it's for the best.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Robert Patrick just happening to mention that his 21 year old son was training for pro-wrestling with Luke Perry's kid ten years ago.

• Like 1

Per Colin Farrell - Matt Reeves will not direct The Penguin due to scheduling conflicts

Reeves, however, will apparently be "heavily involved" in the selection process though

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Funnier if you read that as Human Resources, given issues with the other Flash.

Hey, it's been days since Ezra Miller publicly committed a felony, cut them some slack.

• Haha 1

Part of me wants to be sad about the Arrowverse dying, but hell, they got a full decade out of it, and I'm not sure what else they could do with it after Crisis anyway. It gave us a lot of fun, even if some of it was cringe.

• Like 3

I feel like most of the Arrowverse shows got nice, long runs.  I don’t feel like fans have much to be unhappy about.  7-10 years is a long time in television.  Most shows don’t get that sort of run and most shows aren’t very good at the end of that sort of run.  I feel like the Arrowverse shows hung on too long, though I’m not in the best position to judge since I only watched the shows sporadically since the early years,  

I still don’t understand the appeal of Legends.  I gave it a chance at least once a season and couldn’t stick with it for more than a couple eps.   The lighthearted direction they went in after Darvill left never worked for me at all, but it seems to have been reasonably popular.  

I'm fine with the Arrowverse ending. Stuff like Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, & Legends all kind of ran their course despite Legends still being generally solid-good. I just kind of wish it was ending on one last big event.

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

I'm fine with the Arrowverse ending. Stuff like Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, & Legends all kind of ran their course despite Legends still being generally solid-good. I just kind of wish it was ending on one last big event.

Legends was weirdly having a big resurgance in quality in the final season, which you don't often see.

I honestly feel like Flash finished their biggest long running story in season 8, so I wouldn't be at all shocked if the final season is used as a bit of a farewell for that universe, since it mostly dies with this show.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, John from Cincinnati said:

*exhales*

Now Season 3 on the other hand...

18 hours ago, RandomAct said:

Legends was weirdly having a big resurgance in quality in the final season, which you don't often see.

I honestly feel like Flash finished their biggest long running story in season 8, so I wouldn't be at all shocked if the final season is used as a bit of a farewell for that universe, since it mostly dies with this show.

I'm more convinced that the Berlantiverse finally dying is due to Paramount and WBD getting all their shit off the CW before they sell it to Nexstar.

• Like 2

What WBD is doing is absolutely wretched. DC's movies could have easily been as big as Marvel if they had actually been creative and taken some chances. There are only so many times you can throw Batman/Joker out there. Even if it stinks, I'd rather see a Supergirl/Batgirl/Booster Gold/Blue Beetler/ANYTHING before I see another property with Joker in it.

Edited by RandomAct
  • Like 2

Oh man, I just got to the Flash episode where after miraculously getting younger by complete lucky fluke, Barry decides to dramatically destroy Caitlyn’s lab after she tells him she’s run tests and simulations and her theory on how to bring back Frost works. No “show me the data,” no “let’s talk about this…”, just let me destroy all of your work and equipment by shooting off a bunch of lightning around your apartment.

I’m kind of excited to see just how horribly this goes wrong.