DVDVR Message Board

DC TV (2022)

RIPPA

9 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

I've never even heard of this show before. Anyone familiar with it?

Back in the 70s anything that was even modestly successful got its own corny variety show special and that one was Hanna-Barbara cashing in on the popularity of Super Friends. It has Adam West and Burt Ward’s final tv appearance as Batman and Robin, and Frank Gorshin guest stars in one of the episodes as Riddler. Both episodes are free on Tubi. 

The picture of Giganta with The Atom is from the second episode, The Roast, which you should skip at all costs.  The Challenge is a fun, not at all serious, special marking the Live Action debut of about a dozen DC Comics characters in clouding Hawkman, Black Canary, Huntress, Mordru, Weather Wizard, and Solomon Grundy!  Think of it like a live action Batman: The Brave and the Bold episode and you'll have a good time.

On 6/1/2022 at 11:15 AM, Bustronaut said:

GK and 90% of Berlantiverse shows getting cancelled is completely down to Nexstar buying TheCW.  They are skinflints to an almost absurd degree.  Flash survived because it is the flagship show, but expect a scale back on the cast, effects and everything else.

If DC didn't consider it more of an upscale project, Superman & Lois would probably be gone too, since I imagine the budget is high. The HBO Max connection is a real parachute for that and Stargirl.

On 6/6/2022 at 9:20 PM, Bustronaut said:

The picture of Giganta with The Atom is from the second episode, The Roast, which you should skip at all costs.  The Challenge is a fun, not at all serious, special marking the Live Action debut of about a dozen DC Comics characters in clouding Hawkman, Black Canary, Huntress, Mordru, Weather Wizard, and Solomon Grundy!  Think of it like a live action Batman: The Brave and the Bold episode and you'll have a good time.

Live Solomon Grundy? You have peaked my interest. I'll check it out sometime.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought that story had ended until then. I think Flash did well relating it to the story of its own episode, but that was definitely not worth 2 years and multiple guest appearances years of build. I assume that happened due to whatever plans they had for him becoming a GL changing.

Edited by Eivion

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

I thought that story had ended until then. I think Flash did well relating it to the story of its own episode, but that was definitely not worth 2 and multiple guest appearances years of build. I assume that happened due to whatever plans they had for him becoming a GL changing.

I always assumed him being a Green Lantern factored into the creative plans for Superman & Lois, at least in the beginning. If anything, David Ramsay's show getting picked up may have changed the plans.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RandomAct said:

I always assumed him being a Green Lantern factored into the creative plans for Superman & Lois, at least in the beginning. If anything, David Ramsay's show getting picked up may have changed the plans.

Is his show still happening with the CW sell?

The Diggle part stunk but for the first time in a while it feels like there's a semblance of purpose with the show.  Tom Cavanaugh has been the anchor of the show for so long that it takes some effort to make other bad guys half interesting.  Some might see his use as a crutch but for once I'm interested to see how the season ends.

20 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

The Diggle part stunk but for the first time in a while it feels like there's a semblance of purpose with the show.  Tom Cavanaugh has been the anchor of the show for so long that it takes some effort to make other bad guys half interesting.  Some might see his use as a crutch but for once I'm interested to see how the season ends.

This is absolutely the best season in years. Probably since The Thinker season tbh. Look, I'd eat a shoe is Candace Patton told me to, but her being absent from the show has been a huge help tbh.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, RandomAct said:

This is absolutely the best season in years. Probably since The Thinker season tbh. Look, I'd eat a shoe is Candace Patton told me to, but her being absent from the show has been a huge help tbh.

Its sad because I don't think the fault lies with her at all, but her only being around much gives more room in the writing.

Showrunner tried to play it off as S&L not being in the Arrowverse from the beginning. Ain't no way, man. I think they just saw the Arrowverse dying, considered that they're dealing with world ending events with no other heroes showing up and just said fuck it. 

• Like 2

On 6/21/2022 at 6:20 AM, RandomAct said:

Look, I'd eat a shoe is Candace Patton told me to

Lol,, I hope you didn't copyright that line or anything, 'cause I had to steal it this morning.  Wife asked why I was reading a trashy tabloid article on Meghan Markle - I usually avoid reality tv and show no interest in celebrity's lives off-camera - and my honest answer was "'cause she's gorgeous and I'd eat a shoe if she told me to.."

Discussing my celebrity crush on Meghan Markle paid off in unexpected ways, so if you need me to send you a check or something, I can probably live with that, lol.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...