DVDVR Message Board

AEW - January 2022

MoeCristyV.1.6

This’ll probably divide the locker room - I believe Britt Baker re-tweeted what TK said. Gotta imagine people like Kingston, who was friends with Swole pre-AEW, aren’t happy about this.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

The whole argument from Big Swole is almost as bad though. 

No winner. 

I looked through the Fightful article....I mean get some of what she was saying (women getting more time, hiring too many people versus amount of program time), however, I don't fully understand her whole point. And I like Swole and she seems like a really good person. 

All that said, based on the way their women's division is trending right now and who they might hire soon, she was on borrowed time unfortunately. Since I like her and I'm pulling for other African-American folks, I wanted her to succeed badly. It just didn't come together in-ring sadly, and she was going to get lost in the shuffle.

Just now, nofuture said:

Pretty carny to bury a former talent then hashtag/promote your show on the next line.

The Dana White School of Professionalism, baby.

• Like 3

First thing that struck me about Tony Khan when he started doing media appearances to hype AEW's formation was he reacted poorly and emotionally to negative criticism (constructive or otherwise). Holy shit, this is awful.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

This is when Big Adderall Tone should realize he is in charge of too many people and too much money to make any public statements without running it past a sensible person. This is a pattern, bro.

Even though I thought he was probably in the right, the Yannick Ngakoue thing is what put me solidly in that corner. He could have just let that dude continue to make an ass of himself, but he HAD TO say something.

Well at least we know when we finally lose Vince, there will be another wrestling promoter that will give us repeated WTF moments.* 

*If he doesn't eventually go mad and get replaced by someone less sensitive.

• Like 2