DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2021 - WEEK 9

Dolfan in NYC

Apparently, Watson will only waive no-trade clause for Miami.  Which is dumb.  Also, at what point can you be suspended without pay for "conduct detrimental to the team" such as "refusing to play" or "demanding a trade but refusing to waive no trade clause" because I'd almost prefer he just retire and we get nothing than get a shit package from Miami just because they're the only ones who he'll OK a trade to

• Like 1

In news that is not shocking at all to Giants fans - Odell Beckham Jr wants out of Cleveland but he is using his family and friends to shit on the Browns so he can claim to keep his hands clean

His Dad released a bunch of videos saying Jr sucks because of Baker Mayfield

And Lebron James decided he needed attention

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

In news that is not shocking at all to Giants fans - Odell Beckham Jr wants out of Cleveland but he is using his family and friends to shit on the Browns so he can claim to keep his hands clean

His Dad released a bunch of videos saying Jr sucks because of Baker Mayfield

And Lebron James decided he needed attention

As a Browns fan,  I think they should trade him,  there is no reason to have a deep threat if the quarterback is not ever going to throw it deep to him. I follow a bunch of people who watch film and listen to enough football podcasts to confidently say that he's not the problem. He still gets open at an elite level (I've heard asmuch as 75% of his routes) ,  Baker just can't get him the ball. If Baker is going to be the quarterback,  he's not a valuable piece to have on the team. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Of course they traded Omenihu for 2023 pick

What's the fucking point

front office probably saw his name and assumed he's a secret Muslim and decided to get rid of him as quickly as possible.

4 minutes ago, JLowe said:

front office probably saw his name and assumed he's a secret Muslim and decided to get rid of him as quickly as possible.

"Says here he used to play for the Longhorns."

"You know who else has horns?  The Devil!"

"Trade him now!"

• Haha 5

Since they were unable to trade him - the Rams have cut DeSean Jackson

Apparently DeSean was willing to stay with the team but the Rams decided to move on (LA will be on the hook for his salary once he passes through waivers)

10 hours ago, supremebve said:

As a Browns fan,  I think they should trade him,  there is no reason to have a deep threat if the quarterback is not ever going to throw it deep to him. I follow a bunch of people who watch film and listen to enough football podcasts to confidently say that he's not the problem. He still gets open at an elite level (I've heard asmuch as 75% of his routes) ,  Baker just can't get him the ball. If Baker is going to be the quarterback,  he's not a valuable piece to have on the team. 

That video from his dad is pretty brutal. Beckham does seem to be able to still get open - at least in highlight films. 

• Like 1

Meanwhile, I'm sitting over here hoping we get a replay of the Broncos with some random 4th string WR lining up under center for the Packers somehow.

NOTE: They'd still beat the Lions by 14 with that lineup.  I fully concede that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1