DVDVR Message Board

June 2021 Wrestling Discussion

When you watch the credits of a movie, the list of people who are "Producers" is usually a good few names. But usually only one or two actually produced the movie, and the rest got given a Producer credit at some point during the development process, even if they had nothing to do with the actual shooting or editing.

So Brand Officer as a job title, like, what is the actual job? Phone up the asocial media department to tell them to post the graphics that the graphics department sent them?

• Like 2

Edith Surreal, Solo Darling and Willow Nightingale popped for my twitter handle (Edith is doing a Q&A on IWTV). So I'm happy now.

• Like 3

It really tickles me that Rebel was so shitty that even 20 years later people are still puzzled by how he got booked.  Do you know how shitty you have to be to stand out as bad on a NE indie undercard?

(Also the answer is that he had a Pennsylvania promoter's license he'd let shows use in exchange for bookings)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, AxB said:

When you watch the credits of a movie, the list of people who are "Producers" is usually a good few names. But usually only one or two actually produced the movie, and the rest got given a Producer credit at some point during the development process, even if they had nothing to do with the actual shooting or editing.

So Brand Officer as a job title, like, what is the actual job? Phone up the asocial media department to tell them to post the graphics that the graphics department sent them?

She's actually been the Brand Officer for a while now.  All that stuff with the partnerships with all the Other organizations like Komen and Make-A-Wish, and all the stuff that got the WWE to the point where it was attractive to advertisers and helped pull down Billion dollar TV deals...  That's a Brand Officer.  She's head of PR.

• Like 2

• RIPPA locked this topic

I am gonna leave this closed for a bit to make sure everyone funnels to the thread about the topic they want to talk about.

Will reopen after lunch

• Like 1

• RIPPA unlocked this topic
On 6/1/2021 at 1:52 PM, colonial said:

Completely forgot his short run as EP of NBC's "Today," where he got launched out of 30 Rock for allegedly proposing to blow up the entire show, fire most of the anchors and start anew.

As someone who used to half-watch "Today" just because my local morning news lead into it, I can't say this is a bad plan.  It's a horrible, horrible infotainment program.

10 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

As someone who used to half-watch "Today" just because my local morning news lead into it, I can't say this is a bad plan.  It's a horrible, horrible infotainment program.

The issue is he was talking about 30 Rock not Today

I could not imagine actually watching the Today show, but I respect the hustle: it's a bulletproof format that generates a bunch of sponsorship revenue for almost no production outlay in otherwise-worthless airtime.  It will outlast the cockroaches.

13 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

???

His LinkedIn shows him working on Today for three months in late 2014. The sitcom ended in 2013. I took it as colonel referring to the building at 30 Rockefeller Plaza.

b37ec7f7212c1fcf40855ca6fb1d8693.jpg

• Sad 1

No - he is right

I read it as 30 Rock the show and not shorthand for Today

And now I too am confused to the outrage at him attempting to blown up that show

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Going through the TV grid and I found a program titled "Classic All-Star Wrestling" with the description of "See WWE Hall of Famers Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson of the Rock 'N' Roll Express"

Considering the reputation of Central States Wrestling, I'm curious to figure out what would count as "Classic" Central States. I haven't actually seen the show though.

7 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Going through the TV grid and I found a program titled "Classic All-Star Wrestling" with the description of "See WWE Hall of Famers Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson of the Rock 'N' Roll Express"

Considering the reputation of Central States Wrestling, I'm curious to figure out what would count as "Classic" Central States. I haven't actually seen the show though.

That would be "Bulldog" Bob Brown vs. Rufus R. Jones which is also defined as a war crime in the Geneva Convention.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm guessing the episode with a description mentioning the RNR Express is either the RNR Express vs British Bulldogs match from KCK, or they just have some RNR Express CSW matches to fill out a half hour.

It's a KC area Cable channel, so probably not a syndicated thing.