DVDVR Message Board

General Music Discussion Catch-All

RIPPA

Not that pretty much anyone posting here is in their target demo but Panic at the Disco will end after their upcoming European tour

Lead singer Brendon Urie announced that he and is wife are expecting their first child and he is going "focus on family"

Since it was basically a Urie solo project disguised as a band - I am assuming he is just gonna start eventually releasing music under his own name now.

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Not that pretty much anyone posting here is in their target demo but Panic at the Disco will end after their upcoming European tour

Lead singer Brendon Urie announced that he and is wife are expecting their first child and he is going "focus on family"

He's also being accused of several inappropriate acts with underage fans

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Since it was basically a Urie solo project disguised as a band - I am assuming he is just gonna start eventually releasing music under his own name now.

Saw them once and they were among the worst live acts I've ever seen. Then again everything besides their first album was really bad as well but live the songs sounded way worse.

I actually learned something from watching the Royal Rumble last night and that thing is Hardy blows.

The first red flag was them being announced as country/rock.

Second red flag was having no bass player.

Was willing to give them benefit of the doubt because bands sometimes don't get a good setup for a short performance like this, but YouTube'd one of their videos and it sucked just as bad.

Normally I don't like to bag on music I don't like, but I make exceptions for cuntry rock bands with douches that look like Zak Bagans fronting them.

/soapbox

On 1/30/2023 at 1:58 AM, Travis Sheldon said:

The Oak Ridge Boys remain the only band that played during a show that worked for me.

Didn't want to see them in that situation, but it wasn't embarrassing.

Other than America the Beautiful at Wrestlemania, I've never wanted, needed, or liked any concert at a wrestling show.  The only reason I ever like those is because they got people like Ray Charles and Aretha Franklin to sing what I think is the best, most appropriate patriotic song.

• Like 1

Ozzy Osbourne is retiring from performing.  

He released a statement yesterday saying he was too weak to go on despite a lot of treatments.  All tour dates cancelled, all tickets will be refunded.  😞 

• Sad 4

It was on the work radio last night haha. The real radio catch though was them playing the original "Hazy Shade of Winter" which I swear I've never heard before -- only the incredible Bangles version that is one of the best covers of all time. (And has the video that shows that all four Bangles were the hottest ladies in town back then, with only the footage of Jami Gertz stepping on their territory. Oofta...)

• Like 2