DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2013-14 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

I can't wait to see the backlash from Simmons doing color for the next Lakers/Celtics game.  Yes, that is actually happening.

They should let him do a live podcast as that game is going on.  Letting him and Jalen interview random people walking by would make that game 10,000% more interesting.  Who is going to be the best player in the game?  Is Gasol even playing?  They should let Russell Simmons do commentary.

Bill Simmons wouldn't risk walking around in a crowd where someone would ask him why he was complicit in a transgender woman's suicide. 

• Like 4

Noah with a triple double. And Taj Gibson is crushing it as a starter while Boozer is out. I know it would be a big distraction, but I hope Thibs just keeps Taj as a starter when Boozer's leg heals.

• Like 1

ESPN has added a second guy to do NBA mock drafts. Jeff Goodman is now Chad Ford's Todd McShay. Goodman's first mock draft has Marcus Smart sliding all the way down to 14.

Also a Bynum-Cavs story via Woj...

Before Bynum was thrown out of his final practice and suspended, he was shooting the ball every time he touched it in a practice scrimmage, sources said – from whatever remote part of the court he had caught the ball.

Nash only played the first half of last night's game due to nerve root irritation on the leg he broke last year. I can't see him playing beyond this season. I'm not even sure he can finish this season.

ESPN has added a second guy to do NBA mock drafts. Jeff Goodman is now Chad Ford's Todd McShay. Goodman's first mock draft has Marcus Smart sliding all the way down to 14.

Also a Bynum-Cavs story via Woj...

Before Bynum was thrown out of his final practice and suspended, he was shooting the ball every time he touched it in a practice scrimmage, sources said – from whatever remote part of the court he had caught the ball.

Nash only played the first half of last night's game due to nerve root irritation on the leg he broke last year. I can't see him playing beyond this season. I'm not even sure he can finish this season.

Is there another athlete who has given less of a fuck than Andrew Bynum?  There have been plenty of guys who claimed not to give a fuck, or some that tried to convince you they don't give a fuck, but when it comes to actually not giving a flying fuck, Andrew Bynum is in a class by himself.

Is there another athlete who has given less of a fuck than Andrew Bynum?  There have been plenty of guys who claimed not to give a fuck, or some that tried to convince you they don't give a fuck, but when it comes to actually not giving a flying fuck, Andrew Bynum is in a class by himself.

Michael Ray Richardson?

Crippled Laker is the worst possible end I could think of to Steve Nash's career.  

Michael Ray Richardson?

Crippled Laker is the worst possible end I could think of to Steve Nash's career.  

Michael Ray Richardson had a drug problem, Bynum from what I can tell is sober.  Yet he still goes around looking like this...andrew-bynum-hair-1.png

Its sad he doesn't give a fuck because when he plays well and is healthy, he can be very good. Sadly, he's usually injured and worse his "I don't give a fuck" attitude is awful. I tend to think we didn't see this early on due to all the injuries, but once he was reasonably healthy his attitude was in full bloom.

Steve Nash's Laker run has been worse than Mitch Richmond's year here. Mitch at least got a ring. There's been a few old HOF/all-stars who have had disappointing ends to their careers in LA.

MAYBE Derrick Coleman? 

What about Brian Williams/Bison Dele?  He really seemed like a guy who was tall and athletic, and everybody just told him he should play basketball, so he did, but he never gave a single fuck about it.

I'll throw a hat in the ring for the NBA version of Marvin Barnes. He gave so little fucks that he did bumps of cocaine on the Celtics bench during games

Barnes' addiction grew to the point where, toward the end of his career, he was snorting cocaine during games.

"Yeah, I was doing it on the bench," Barnes said. "I was playing for the Celtics, and I was sitting next to Nate Archibald and somebody else, and I was snorting cocaine right there on the bench while the game was going on.

"They all moved away from me. I had it under a towel. I guess I don't need to say that my career didn't last much longer after that."

Dele was a track star in high school, but had a major growth spurt and just wound up in basketball as a result.

Thinking about him makes me sad.  Poor guy.

Huh, I never knew that but still got that exact impression.

And, yeah, the way his life ended was terrible.

Is there another athlete who has given less of a fuck than Andrew Bynum? There have been plenty of guys who claimed not to give a fuck, or some that tried to convince you they don't give a fuck, but when it comes to actually not giving a flying fuck, Andrew Bynum is in a class by himself.

MAYBE Derrick Coleman?
Benoit Benjamin was the all-time champion of giving no fucks unless it was the last month of a contract year. Most notably, he would sometimes "accidentally" bring two left sneakers to practice so that he wouldn't have to participate.
  • Like 2