DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2013-14 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

MAVS WIN! MAVS WIN!!! DING-DING-DING-DA-DING-DA-DING-DING-DONG!!! Thank you Mavs.

As for tonight, trending up, Brooklyn, New York and Cleveland...trending down, Lakers, Boston and DETROIT BASKETBALL! Very upsetting that Boston lost tonight, I was hoping the Lakers could leapfrog them in the standings. The good news is the Jazz are starting to win and I think in about 1-2 weeks, Lakers will only have Sacramento ahead of them as the worst team out West. Out East, I think those three I mentioned will move up. I think we can get within the top 6 and get closer to the Jabari/Wiggins/Embiid/Exum/Randle/Smart group.

• Like 1

At this point, the Bucks are lucky to win 15 games all season it seems like. They'll of course receive the 8th pick in the draft and blow it on a tall, skinny small forward.

• Like 1

I don't think the Heat can sign Bynum. They have 15 guys on guranteed contracts right now.

KD dropped 48 again. Lost by 11. Westbrook still mysteriously the glue that holds team together. 

I always thought that Jabari is a better superstar name than Wiggins. I can't see anyone buying the new Wiggins II, but can see people lining up for the new Jabaris. Based on this 100% sound logic, Jabari will be better than Wiggins. 

• Like 2

So Rodman apparently bowed before Kim Jong Un, sang him happy birthday... and his handpicked team of NBA veterans jobbed, so they could get out of North Korea alive!

Fixed.

• Like 7

8 teams interested in Bynum. Among them, the Clippers, Heat and MAVERICKS! 

Mark Stein tweeted something about Bynum seeking the most money, not necessarily a ring. That's par for the course for Mr Lazy Cranky Pants. . . 

This seems about right.

LOS ANGELES—Calling the exclusion “an embarrassing oversight,” visitors to Grantland today criticized the online sports publication for its notably deficient recap of a recent matchup between the Los Angeles Lakers and the Dallas Mavericks, complaining that the write-up completely omits any mention of NYPD Blue’s enormous influence on the modern ensemble drama format. “Were they even watching the same game?” Grantland reader Jeremy Cortina said of the site’s incomplete recap of last night’s Lakers-Mavericks contest, which failed to make even one reference to the ABC police procedural’s immense impact on such essentials of the canon as The Shield and The Wire. “I went into that article looking for the basics—how NYPD Blue foreshadowed creator David Milch’s later work on Deadwood, instances in which modern ensemble casts have liberally borrowed from the classic on-camera rapport displayed between leads Jimmy Smits and Dennis Franz, and how this gritty crime drama reflected the uncertainties of the Clinton administration. But it’s just a bunch of trivial stuff about stats and injuries, which team won the game, and the David O. Russell film American Hustle. Do they actually think we care about this junk?” Cortina added that he hadn’t been so disappointed in a Grantland article since its recent retrospective of Jackie Robinson’s impact on race relations in baseball failed to attempt even a passing analysis of The Cure’s Disintegration.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/grantland-game-recap-completely-omits-influence-of,34893

• Like 4

J.R. Smith for Jason Thompson would work on the trade machine come January 15th. J.R. can't be traded until then. They have similar contracts. So, he could go to the Kings.

Lost in the past 2 days of news is Chris Kaman getting asked yesterday by a reporter in Dallas what was new and his response was, "Same shit. New city." LOL! Its in reference to Carlisle not playing him much last season and now D'Antoni doing the same.

J.R. Smith for Jason Thompson would work on the trade machine come January 15th. J.R. can't be traded until then. They have similar contracts. So, he could go to the Kings.

I was mostly joking but my god, could you imagine Gay and Smith on the same team?  Would anyone else get to take a shot?

Feels like years ago that the Knicks felt like they needed to give Chris Smith a guaranteed contract to keep JR happy.  Those were the days.

JR Smith got fined (again) today by the NBA.  

$25,000 for unsportsmanlike conduct.   (He untied an opponent's shoes at the free throw line.)

Did they change it ESPN has been reporting 50K

Funny thing is, Marion was like "he was just playing" and didn't care.  Speaking of which, we looked fucking dreadful tonight.  Can't blame it on Marion being out, because Dirk looked like shit too.