DVDVR Message Board

The DC Entertainment Thread

Raziel

I'll bet we get a Grodd teaser at some point, but yeah now that a second season is confirmed I'm sure they'll dial back Grodd/RF and focus more on the Rogues. Trickster's confirmed for this season, and I'll bet at some point they introduce Mirror Master, not to mention bring back Weather Wizard. 

Gyllenhaal passed on Suicide Squad

No one wants to play Rick Flagg opposite Jared Leto as Joker and Will Smith as Deadshot.  

After playing Bane, a role like that is beneath Hardy to be honest.  He was right to drop out and hold out for something better.  

Gyllenhaal is actually a thing again after multiple attempts at big time stardom for him ended in failure.  You get Gyllenhaal to play one of the major hero roles like Green Lantern, not Steve Trevor.  

So tonight's Arrow was pretty good, probably the best episode this season. It was nice having the focus on the crew, and I liked how they handled things with Felicity. I'm of course also digging Vinnie Jones. I really hope he last beyond the next two episodes. I am kind of disappointed at the seemingly lack of Lazarus Pit for whatever revival they pull with Ollie.

Gyllenhaal passed on Suicide Squad

No one wants to play Rick Flagg opposite Jared Leto as Joker and Will Smith as Deadshot.  

After playing Bane, a role like that is beneath Hardy to be honest.  He was right to drop out and hold out for something better.  

He should have been Deadshot.

• Like 1

But why though?  He just did Bane in a big successful film.  It's not quite the same thing as Chris Evans failing as Human Torch and then getting to play Captain America.  But Captain America is an upgrade.  Even Deadshot is really downgrade from playing Bane in Nolan's Batman trilogy.  

Hardy made the right choice.  This film will be selling itself to general audiences more by its Will Smith in a comic book movie star power than anything.

Well, that's what the dirtsheets said, not Hardy directly. 

There doesn't really seem to be a protagonist in this movie. And it's hardly shocking that a movie starring Will Smith and the Joker would focus on Will Smith and the Joker.

Arrow and The Flash were good but I thought it was pretty lame that they didn't use the Lazarus Pit. Wentworth Miller really hamming it up on The Flash was pretty good. They need to give him some cool lines though. 

But why though?  He just did Bane in a big successful film.  It's not quite the same thing as Chris Evans failing as Human Torch and then getting to play Captain America.  But Captain America is an upgrade.  Even Deadshot is really downgrade from playing Bane in Nolan's Batman trilogy.  

Hardy made the right choice.  This film will be selling itself to general audiences more by its Will Smith in a comic book movie star power than anything.

I was talking more in terms of being right for the part. As far as what you're going on about it honestly wouldn't have been much of a downgrade. Deadshot has a pretty decent following to the point that they would have based the film around him, hence why Smith wanted and has the role.

I definitely am in the Tom Hardy should have been Deadshot camp. He would be perfect for that role, better than he was as Bane. I don't see Will Smith as Deadshot, but we'll see how it goes. I have a fear he'll camp it up too much & be desperate to make him likable. 

I was really enjoying Arrow until the lack of Lazarus Pit resurrection. He was fucking impaled on a sword, what magical herbs make that shit go away! I am glad they didn't drag out the finding/resurrection aspect. Let's see how long it takes him to get back to Starling City. 

Oh and, my wife last night "So wait, she took a few boxing classes & now she's a super hero?!" in reference to Black Canary II. 

RE: Arrow

Well, looks like we're getting the Shiva route, but with an actual Lady Shiva instead of a stand in.  I'm guessing while we're not getting a Lazarus *Pit*, Ollie is back due to possible some of the chemicals being enough (A cup of Lazarus in Arkham City was enough to restore Batman from the Titan infection for hours, so its not outside the realim of possibility, at least in a superhero show.).

I'm not that annoyed at Laurel being up to Canary levels already.  Roy's only had a year of training and he's at Arsenal levels being trained by Ollie.  Laurel was trained by WildCat, so its not too whacked if she's been training every night.

Its weird that they aren't using the Lazarus Pit straight up as they already hinted to it when Ra's mentioned last being challenged over 60 years ago. I've been reading news that the current episodes are a trilogy so I expect Ollie back by the end of the next two. Also that character is Katana, not Shiva. Pretty sure they will avoid going that route, for now at least.

On Laurel being at Canary level already. She had a good debut, but it was an ambush and a use of tech that did more damage than what Sara was using. We really don't know how good or bad she is yet. She should also be several months into training by now and realistically already had a better base than Ollie or Sara as she had knowledge of self-defense beforehand unlike the other two. I doubt she is good enough to take on bigger threats w/o help.

Oh and, my wife last night "So wait, she took a few boxing classes & now she's a super hero?!" in reference to Black Canary II. 

They've said that she's not really ready and has a lot of training to go through.

G@BRIELGR@Y @GBRIELGRY  ·  Jan 20

#BatmanvSuperman teaser on it's way, should hit before the months end.

#HYPE. #Vengeance

G@BRIELGR@Y @GBRIELGRY  ·  Jan 21
Best upcoming teasers/trailers in order
#BatmanvSuperman "The Bat"
#TerminatorGenisys "It's doing what!?"
#FantasticFour "Burn!"

Maybe he's yanking everyone's chain in regards to the release date but this guy leaked images of the Terminator: Genisys trailer as well as Chappie so he knows his stuff.