DVDVR Message Board

The DC Entertainment Thread

Raziel

I'm now losing my shit picturing Pengiin's mother smacking the shit out of him constantly like in Scrooged leading to his becoming a Villian.

• Like 2

Is this a troll, or do you guys actually think that's what she looks like in the movie?

Snyder was literally just quoted the other day saying that they haven't even shot anything with Gadot in costume yet because she's still not quite in shape for it.

IFC is running a Batman '66 marathon today (and mini-marathons tomorrow & Sunday) using the new HDmasters from the upcoming Blu-Ray set release. The trailer for the blu-rays didn't do anything for me, but this marathon has certainly sold me.

ELSEWHERE...

Dan Feinberg has an early non-review of the GOTHAM pilot here (no spoilers): http://www.hitfix.com/the-fien-print/take-me-to-the-pilots-14-foxs-gotham

tl;dr it's good but doesn't really do much to alleviate concerns regarding whether this is a sustainable premise for a TV show or not.

My guess is that all the *winkwink* This person is going to become THIS, and this other person is going to be THIS *winkwink* stuff is something they felt they had to put in the pitch and the pilot to make the show sexy enough to sell, and maybe they'll dial it back moving forward. But then I read an interview with Cannon and he's already saying stuff like, "I've got a great idea for Mr. Freeze in season 2!" which makes me question whether they have any ideas other than throwing villains at the screen.

To reiterate, if you missed the bat-marathon today, IFC is doing more this weekend, and then they're going to be regularly scheduling episode for at least the next two weeks, though they're completely skipping Season 2 so they can show some Batgirl episodes earlier.

I was actually referring to that vile dog Zeidler. But I'm also very appreciative of your tip on the release date for those blu-rays and will therefore compensate you with a like.

Watched the Constantine pilot over the weekend.  Not quite as good as the The Flash pilot, but if you like Supernatural or Grimm, it's a trip down the same road.  I guess technically The Flash is headed down the same road as Smallville, with a monster of the week format.  I can see  Constantine  pivoting better than The Flash if need be, I just wish they hadn't

gone the obvious route at the end of the pilot.  It'd be more of an anthology if they hadn't, and those never last long.

I agree the Flash is similar to smallville which I couldn't really get behind. I think I just find the Flash character more interesting and with the chance of Arrow crossovers for me it seems like it should be fun. I'm a huge Constantine fan and I still haven't watched the pilot I need to acquire it soon though. 

The Flash pilot was so good I thought about going back and watching at least season 2 of Arrow.  The Constantine pilot made me want to watch the show, and wonder why DC TV is getting stuff so right, while DC movies whiff all the time.