Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
Dolfan in NYC

WRESTLEMANIA XXXVI - April 4 & 5, 2020

Recommended Posts

Those are some of the most random WrestleMania matches in modern history

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No battle royal, so you have to fill the show with something. They should have built something to those matches in the next couple of weeks before announcing them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Corbin/Elias is now official.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I said in the main thread, Dana Brooke is off the show because she is "sick" and "Self-isolating" per Meltzer.  

Also, Rey's off the show completely because he's in the same boat.   

I'm guessing if Rey tests positive, that's it for the show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

As I said in the main thread, Dana Brooke is off the show because she is "sick" and "Self-isolating" per Meltzer.  

Also, Rey's off the show completely because he's in the same boat.   

I'm guessing if Rey tests positive, that's it for the show. 

This is why I'm against marathon tapings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I still don't think Vince cancels the show if only one person tests positive. If anything, he's literally doubled down this entire time. At least more than doubled the venues, the nights, matches, etc. After doing all of that, it would be really weird for Vince to then call it off if one person is sick. Hell, he might double down again and say if one person is sick, then everyone is sick, so everyone is working if you're not showing symptoms and don't you dare cough or sneeze in front of him.

Man, the ultimate irony if a virus that causes at least some coughing and sneezing is what does Vince in.

Edited by Craig H

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Those are some of the most random WrestleMania matches in modern history

Very Wrestlemania VII vibe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Craig H said:

I still don't think Vince cancels the show if only one person tests positive. If anything, he's literally doubled down this entire time. At least more than doubled the venues, the nights, matches, etc. After doing all of that, it would be really weird for Vince to then call it off if one person is sick.

If anything, you would have a bunch more people apprehensive about working which would shuffle around the card and force major changes.

The last thing they need PR wise is bullying someone into working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

The last thing they need PR wise is bullying someone into working.

I don't think anyone there would come out and say they were bullied while under contact. That's the type of stuff you hear about when someone leaves and then the lifers jump up to say "well I was never pressured to do anything, this is the best place to work, blah blah blah." It's all creepy Dear Leader type shit there sometimes and I could see this falling into that bucket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I still don't think Vince cancels the show if only one person tests positive. If anything, he's literally doubled down this entire time. At least more than doubled the venues, the nights, matches, etc. After doing all of that, it would be really weird for Vince to then call it off if one person is sick. Hell, he might double down again and say if one person is sick, then everyone is sick, so everyone is working if you're not showing symptoms and don't you dare cough or sneeze in front of him.

Man, the ultimate irony if a virus that causes at least some coughing and sneezing is what does Vince in.

My weed-fueled conspiracy theory is they're taping all this stuff ahead of time because they already knew they'd been exposed and they're trying to get the content before the whole locker room is too sick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Godfrey said:

My weed-fueled conspiracy theory is they're taping all this stuff ahead of time because they already knew they'd been exposed and they're trying to get the content before the whole locker room is too sick.

Seems plausible enough.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I don't think anyone there would come out and say they were bullied while under contact. That's the type of stuff you hear about when someone leaves and then the lifers jump up to say "well I was never pressured to do anything, this is the best place to work, blah blah blah." It's all creepy Dear Leader type shit there sometimes and I could see this falling into that bucket.

There is one thing to fear possible consequences about your push or TV time.

It's another thing when it comes to your well-being. I never rule anything out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Craig H said:

I still don't think Vince cancels the show if only one person tests positive. If anything, he's literally doubled down this entire time. At least more than doubled the venues, the nights, matches, etc. After doing all of that, it would be really weird for Vince to then call it off if one person is sick. Hell, he might double down again and say if one person is sick, then everyone is sick, so everyone is working if you're not showing symptoms and don't you dare cough or sneeze in front of him.

Man, the ultimate irony if a virus that causes at least some coughing and sneezing is what does Vince in.

Where are you getting he doubled the matches from? It was reported weeks ago they planned to have 16 matches, and it looks like that number is exactly where they are going to wind up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Where are you getting he doubled the matches from? It was reported weeks ago they planned to have 16 matches, and it looks like that number is exactly where they are going to wind up.

Because it was also reported they were paring it down to just around 8 matches. Then it became a multi-night thing and it went back to 16. So who knows what came first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the confusion comes from at the time of the delay - they only had 8 matches announced and Meltzer kept saying that any match that wasn't announced was up in the air. (For example - the Women's Tag Title match has been on the books forever but it still hasn't been announced and no one knows what is happening with it)

I think some folks ran with that meaning ONLY 8 MATCHES!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Craig H said:

I don't think anyone there would come out and say they were bullied while under contact. That's the type of stuff you hear about when someone leaves and then the lifers jump up to say "well I was never pressured to do anything, this is the best place to work, blah blah blah." It's all creepy Dear Leader type shit there sometimes and I could see this falling into that bucket.

It's gonna be just like RVD not wanting to do Tribute to the Troops and them trying to massage him into going anyway, until they had to make the "if you don't want to go you don't have to" option real because they were moved to a more dangerous spot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I think the confusion comes from at the time of the delay - they only had 8 matches announced and Meltzer kept saying that any match that wasn't announced was up in the air. (For example - the Women's Tag Title match has been on the books forever but it still hasn't been announced and no one knows what is happening with it)

I think some folks ran with that meaning ONLY 8 MATCHES!!!

Likely this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Peck said:

Corbin/Elias is now official.

It is so strange seeing this match given the year Corbin he had:

1.  Beats Kurt Angle in his retirement match

2.  Gets in a 3 month feud for the title against Rollins

3.  Wins the King of the Ring

4.  Gets in what seems to be a 5 month feud with Roman Reigns

Now having a match with someone who can't be any colder and nothing in the main scheme of things than Elias.  Unless Elias is getting the 2020 Corbin push

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could argue that based on the set up - that is the match that Gronk is going to get involved in and thus the one replayed on SportsCenter over and over

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

You could argue that based on the set up - that is the match that Gronk is going to get involved in and thus the one replayed on SportsCenter over and over

At this point, it might be the only thing they play over and over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Welcome back to our SportsCenter Special: Gronk at WrestleMania. Next up, joining us via Skype to break down Gronk's dance moves we have Stephen A"

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

"Welcome back to our SportsCenter Special: Gronk at WrestleMania. Next up, joining us via Skype to break down Gronk's dance moves we have Stephen A"

"And here is Teddy Atlas to ramble on incessantly about how wrestling is a put up job, how it has changed since the days of Bruno Sammartino and Pedro Morales, and how his Transcendental pro wrestling rankings will fix everything."

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just curious for people who got tickets to WM, has anyone actually got their refund back?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now we have a more obscure film reference to match the AEW Eye for an Eye one from weeks back. Holy shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...