Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2020 & Beyond)


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Doc Townsend said:

Cuphead hit the PSN store today.  

Yup, same with Demon's Tilt, which is an under the radar 16-bit style pinball game. It's similar to Alien Crush and Devil's Crush on Turbo-Grafx 16.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Activision announced that 2 of the 4 songs they had trouble re-licensing for THPS will be in after all: "Bring the Noise" and "Cyco Vision".  Additionally, they announced 37 bands not included in the classic games (though many were in 3 or 4) but not track titles.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cliff Hanger said:

Activision announced that 2 of the 4 songs they had trouble re-licensing for THPS will be in after all: "Bring the Noise" and "Cyco Vision".  Additionally, they announced 37 bands not included in the classic games (though many were in 3 or 4) but not track titles.

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS

Superman and Bring the Noise are the two songs I associate most with THPS. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Started Tsushima. This’ll be a game I play obsessively for the next few months, I think. Beautiful game, I’m a fan of the stuff this is inspired by and I’m always happy to play an open world-ass open world game. Doesn’t seem as icon heavy as the newer AC games, but it looks like there’s plenty to do. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Casey said:

I don't see the problem here. 🤷‍♂️

That's because the image is so cluttered and confusing that you don't even know what you're looking at.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I get that they wanted to make a big budget Avengers game that's a GaoS like Destiny, but man, this shit ain't the way to do it. They also managed to make the upgrade system look more confusing than Ultimate Alliance 3.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My Iron Man power fantasy has always been to get a 15.8% chance for a damage buff to my ranged power attacks.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, nothing gets me into a comic story more than min-maxing stats with 6 different currencies.

 

And yes, I say that while playing DBZ Kakarot which does the 6 currency thing, but that at least puts so fucking much in the wild and as fight rewards that you never really have to grind it, just if you want to make things a little easier.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, EVA said:

My Iron Man power fantasy has always been to get a 15.8% chance for a damage buff to my ranged power attacks.

This is all the review for this game probably needs to be.

I'm sure it will look and play great, but man, if a ton of different currencies, grinding mats for menial upgrades, and a busted UI is their idea of fun, I won't see myself playing it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am giggling at the replies on that tweet from the folks who are trying to be positive going all MAYBE THAT IS JUST IRON MAN! HULK'S WILL JUST SAY SMASH!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am giggling at the replies on that tweet from the folks who are trying to be positive going all MAYBE THAT IS JUST IRON MAN! HULK'S WILL JUST SAY SMASH!!!

You're gonna get pants that give you an extra 2.3% to Smashing and you'll like it.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Battletoads out on August 20th for Xbox One and Steam. It's on Game Pass too. I really dislike the art style but it's Battletoads. Looks like they've got 20 different types of gameplay, so a bit worried that they don't nail the most important stuff. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seen a lot of this on stream the last day or so during the beta. It's so good. Everything about it is derpy and colourful and silly. I genuinely can't wait to play this as hopefully my next low stress casual time killer.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Seen a lot of this on stream the last day or so during the beta. It's so good. Everything about it is derpy and colourful and silly. I genuinely can't wait to play this as hopefully my next low stress casual time killer.

 

Yeah I had talked about this a little bit more in the game passes thread. It's going to be free on PSN so why not. Looks fun enough.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to go back to something for a second

Matt Booty - Head of Xbox Game Studios - confirmed that the new Fable game is a reboot and it is NOT a MMORPG

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Just to go back to something for a second

Matt Booty - Head of Xbox Game Studios - confirmed that the new Fable game is a reboot and it is NOT a MMORPG

tenor.gif

  • Haha 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Casey said:

So how many people online have had a meltdown because of how Hawkeye looks in the Avengers game?

A lot, although to be fair, there are lots of complaints about the game, do thats just one of them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 11:09 PM, Casey said:

So how many people online have had a meltdown because of how Hawkeye looks in the Avengers game?

I have not seen the images but from the tone of your comment, I will hazard a guess that he looks a lot like Jeremy Renner.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He doesn’t.  The joke going around right now is that he looks like every other generic white guy with a shaved head who’s ever been in a video game.  His alternate skins will have more color and style, I’m sure, but his base model is SUPER bland.

Edited by EVA
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...