DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

Just now, Six String Orchestra said:

I think Sheamus's look from a few years ago is worse. It got a well deserved "you look stupid" chant.

Now, good hair in wrestling? Gotta be Ric Flair. Can't get behind that just did the ice bucket challenge look Bret Hart popularized. 

I think Raven's grunge look has to be top 5 hair in wrestling history.  He looked like the burned out dudes who I remember from the early to mid 90s.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

I think Sheamus's look from a few years ago is worse. It got a well deserved "you look stupid" chant.

Now, good hair in wrestling? Gotta be Ric Flair. Can't get behind that just did the ice bucket challenge look Bret Hart popularized. 

My wife tolerates my wrestling fandom. But there are two things that she absolutely cannot stand in wrestling:

1. Wrestlers with dripping wet hair. AJ Styles is her favorite current wrestler solely because he comes to the ring with dry hair. 

2. Wrestlers who wear trunks with a t-shirt or jacket. She calls it “disturbing”. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MORELOCK said:

If a "no making fun of anyone on Twitter" rule is instituted, the entire roster gets fired except maybe Mustafa Ali, so maybe something a little bit less knee-jerk and a little bit more realistic?

Also - I think you can all refrain from personally attacking people whose outrage levels don't match your own.

The trick is, put all the belts on Mustafa Ali. The rest will sort itself out.

29 minutes ago, AxB said:

At the show I was at in Friday, A-Kid managed to make himself the biggest heel in the building through the simple medium of entrance music. We're all standing there, waiting for him to come out, and then we gear it, booming over the PA system:

"Cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort" BOOOOOOOOooooooo!

Maybe that song is cutting edge in Spain? (See what I did there?)

19 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

Could be worse, I almost brought up Maven.

What about him, what about Maven? That gimmick was right there with him becoming the new Raven, but nooooooo.

21 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I'd debate that on the basis of Reigns' hair being a simple, quick shave.  Graves' ridiculous hairstyle looks like it takes time and effort.  My wife and I watched Total Divas for a few episodes before we decided it's just garbage, and I just could not stop staring at Graves' hair like "what the fuck is that?  How does he do that?"   It's this bizarre pompadour that sort of sweeps up in a bouffant, but then tucks in on itself.  It's very precise and appears to defy some laws of physics, and it's obvious he spends a lot of time on it.  It's like Vanilla Ice's hair and Egon from The Real Ghostbusters' hair had a hair baby.

As a dude who shaves his head with a .5 guard every other week, I shouldn't be taking about other dudes' hair, but here we are.  or should I say...hair we are?

He's your twin!
sterling-james-keenan-06.jpg

Or if we're going back REALLY far.

SterlingJamesKeenan_NLC.jpg?w=800

• Haha 3

I liked when Undertaker threw Maven into the popcorn machine. But that was more Taker than Maven. With the assist from Scotty 2 Hotty getting knocked out cold mid entrance. Um... there was a sick, concussiony chair shot he took from Kane at Survivor Series 2004.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joseph2112 said:

Speaking of hair, I am trying to stay out of the heavy stuff for the rest of the month so I'm not going to bring up whether the mullet was an awesome thing in pro wrestling or the most awesome thing in pro wrestling history.

First and foremost mullet is a social construct, and isn't as binary as an awesome ting in pro wrestling or the most awesome thing in pro wrestling history.  You need to look at every mullet as a unique snowflake and judge it on it's own merits.  For instance, Kensuke Sasaki's mullet is the most awesome thing in pro wrestling history.  Tenzan's mullet was an awesome thing in pro wrestling.  Mike Awesome's mullet looked goofy as hell and needs to be ridiculed.  Ricky Morton's mullet looked goofy as hell, but is also one of the most awesome things in pro wrestling history.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2