Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.


Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

Whatever. For Yoko's character, he needed something that fit his style. An anti-American who had a longtime team with Owen Hart...Yokozuna is totally joining the Hart Foundation on Raw.

Bret selling his soul to Kevin Sullivan in order to summon Owen, Davey, Neidhart, Pillman, Yoko, Benoit, and Dynamite from the land of the dead to wage war against Raw, Smackdown, and NXT in time for Survivor Series might be enough to get me watching again.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Bret selling his soul to Kevin Sullivan in order to summon Owen, Davey, Neidhart, Pillman, Yoko, Benoit, and Dynamite from the land of the dead to wage war against Raw, Smackdown, and NXT in time for Survivor Series might be enough to get me watching again.

The sooner Holograms make it to wrestling the better.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Bret selling his soul to Kevin Sullivan in order to summon Owen, Davey, Neidhart, Pillman, Yoko, Benoit, and Dynamite from the land of the dead to wage war against Raw, Smackdown, and NXT in time for Survivor Series might be enough to get me watching again.

Reanimating that man's entire family from the dead, yet still can't do anything about the reactions Natalya gets on TV.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I really want to like NXT, but I'm feeling  more bored with each passing week.  I really like Riddle, Keith Lee, Rhea Ripley, Strong etc. etc. There's so much incredible talent on this show.  The booking is logical and fine, especially compared to what I hear of the main roster shows, but I just don't care about any of these stories.  I don't care who has the belts and who is chasing them.  AEW has raised the bar on product quality, and comparably NXT feels overly contrived.  I just cannot take any more of these scripted promos, or the blah in ring style they make everybody employ, or these entrances with the goofy taunts.  I think I'll just keep my eye out for the select best bouts.       

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HarryArchieGus said:

I really want to like NXT, but I'm feeling  more bored with each passing week.  I really like Riddle, Keith Lee, Rhea Ripley, Strong etc. etc. There's so much incredible talent on this show.  The booking is logical and fine, especially compared to what I hear of the main roster shows, but I just don't care about any of these stories.  I don't care who has the belts and who is chasing them.  AEW has raised the bar on product quality, and comparably NXT feels overly contrived.  I just cannot take any more of these scripted promos, or the blah in ring style they make everybody employ, or these entrances with the goofy taunts.  I think I'll just keep my eye out for the select best bouts.       

100% agreed. NXT is such a chore to get through compared to two hours of Dynamite flying by.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Currently booked on the eighth level of Hades. 

This is going to send me to my copy of Dante's "Inferno" to dissect this concept.  Not to be a dick, only because I like Dante's "Inferno" and mixed references/metaphors.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, nate said:

This is going to send me to my copy of Dante's "Inferno" to dissect this concept.  Not to be a dick, only because I like Dante's "Inferno" and mixed references/metaphors.

I debated whether or not to check which level was which, but I figured someone would do it for me.:) 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

how long until Jimmy Havoc jobs to Dio Maddin on RAW?

My first reaction was being scared Jimmy Havoc got released. Hopefully, he'll never be released, but if he were I'd expect him to continue working MLW and debuting in Impact. I don't ever see Havoc in WWE, nor do I want to.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

My first reaction was being scared Jimmy Havoc got released. Hopefully, he'll never be released, but if he were I'd expect him to continue working MLW and debuting in Impact. I don't ever see Havoc in WWE, nor do I want to.

He started a fight, in public, while drunk, infront of his boss with an announcer. If he's not fired, something needs to be done to set a precedent.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just spent 8 hours of my life watching live pro-wrestling. From 4 PM to 8 PM I was at the MLW show and then from 8:20 PM or so to 12:00 AM at the USA Pro show. Surprising enough, I am not burnt out, but am dead tired. As frustrating as it can be to be a wrestling fan, it's always fun live regardless.

Both shows were packed. MLW was sold out and USA Pro had a big crowd, too.

Edited by Edwin
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Casey said:

He started a fight, in public, while drunk, infront of his boss with an announcer. If he's not fired, something needs to be done to set a precedent.

We all make really bad decisions at some point in life, especially when we're drunk. Fine and suspension? Sure. I know wrestling isn't like the work world of the average person and Havoc would have other options pretty quickly, but I still don't want to see the guy fired.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Currently booked on the eighth level of Hades. 

 

6 hours ago, nate said:

This is going to send me to my copy of Dante's "Inferno" to dissect this concept.  Not to be a dick, only because I like Dante's "Inferno" and mixed references/metaphors.

 

5 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I debated whether or not to check which level was which, but I figured someone would do it for me.:) 

It could take place in Circle V, where the wrathful fight each other in the River Styx (or on it I guess, not sure if they're floating or what). I sort of feel like Benoit would probably reside in Level 1 of Circle VII though, since that's where murderers are placed. Maybe Hell has the Wildcard Rule?

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...