DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2019 WRESTLING GIFS.

4 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

If CIMA has his way though, this "yardtard" is going to China. This was his response once he saw the clip of the running 630 over the top.

Also, I would totally go see "Yardtard Goes To China" in a double feature with "Ernest Goes To The Beach". 

I always felt the last Ernest movie should have been "Ernest Goes to the Morgue". Surely, a movie could have been thrown together with footage from other Ernest movies and a Jim Varney "Fake Shemp".

or maybe a spoof on Jason Goes To Hell, Ernest Goes to Hell

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

On 7/4/2019 at 2:27 AM, Curt McGirt said:

Thank you.

I think supremebve thought this was some kind of 'hot pocket' kind of reference? But no, I was not perving out, just being literal.

You're welcome. I found if to be funny, for what it's worth. 

On 7/6/2019 at 2:31 PM, Eivion said:

Thought that might be the case, but I wasn't sure. I haven't watched a Yujiro match in years. Just seen pics and gifs posted here with his Godfather-esque gimmick.

Her name is Mao. Her Instagram is @yellowbarbie_M.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/3/2019 at 3:20 AM, Ryan said:

I think I've seen similar counters to that, but it was on a cutter attempt not a ddt. I'm sure it happened somewhere.

Just watched Matt Cross do this in match against LAX, maybe it was him?

It was in PWG a lot, AR Fox has done it as have others. Never seen it on a DDT though, since you usually plant your arm on a ddt if you're taking the flipping bump.

He protected his head and he landed mostly flat backed on a hollow metal thing. I'm sure it hurt, but that's not exactly super dangerous or anything if done right. Now, this is dangerous and should be a staple GIF of the board.

BHCmDH.gif

Wasn't there a story about Eddy giving Rey the Brainbuster on the steps, everyone was asking Rey if he was OK because it looked so gnarly, and he said Eddy took so much of the impact the it was one of the least painful landings of Rey's career?

13 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

SentimentalGrandioseGannet-size_restrict

I have a confession... I’ve purposely avoided the Rey Vs. Eddie custody feud, and its matches because I detest the story they were telling. But this gif makes me want to give it a chance. I don’t know if the commentators trying to justify Rey putting his son on the line in a fucking ladder match will convince me, but the match should be great.

2 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

I still didn't really think Eddie got over as a heel no matter what heinous things he did in this feud. People just wanted to cheer him

Well, it doesn’t help that the fucking babyface was willing to put his kids custody on the line in a ladder match didn’t help matters. That’s something I can buy a heel doing to win what he truly wants, and that’s a championship. 

Vince always books the most horrible characters as babyfaces. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I have a confession... I’ve purposely avoided the Rey Vs. Eddie custody feud, and its matches because I detest the story they were telling. But this gif makes me want to give it a chance. I don’t know if the commentators trying to justify Rey putting his son on the line in a fucking ladder match will convince me, but the match should be great.

I didn't really care for the ladder match because of a botch that took me out of it. If you stick to Judgement Day/SmackDown in June/Great American Bash, there are some good matches in there. And some all-time great Eddie promos.

But agreed with @CreativeControl on some people just wanting to cheer Eddie. That's probably why they leaned that way in the Batista feud.

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy