DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SUMMER 2019

RIPPA

In the Seventies, the Clothesline was a lethal finisher that could literally break a man's neck. By the late 80s, guys were getting hit by a clothesline and popping up in seconds, so they could get hit by another clothesline. The Superkick has gone the same way. It's what happens in wrestling. Why doesn't Dustin use his old Bulldog finisher as a nearfall? Because it's become too downgraded in the last 25 years.

I figured we'd be getting something with the Dark Order and it looks like we are.

Dark Order vs Angelico and Jack Evans vs Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy.

Going to go out on a limb and say that Dark Order is going over here.

• Like 1

They're leaving it awfully late to still be announcing matches. The go home YouTube video was yesterday and we still don't know who is in the Joshi match. Or if there even is one.

7 minutes ago, AxB said:

They're leaving it awfully late to still be announcing matches. The go home YouTube video was yesterday and we still don't know who is in the Joshi match. Or if there even is one.

They might need another guy in creative there who isn’t double, and triple tasking. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

I'd buy a "Fuck the fans, I'm Chris Jericho" shirt in a second.

"I'm Chris Jericho, and you're not!"

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

“Silly ass trampoline wrestling”.

We need a Silly Ass Trampoline Wrestling USA now.

Somewhere in Silicon Valley, a middle-aged man who years ago sold his gimmick to Jack Evans and donated his trampoline to Goodwill is LOL at Cody & Darby.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

In the Seventies, the Clothesline was a lethal finisher that could literally break a man's neck. By the late 80s, guys were getting hit by a clothesline and popping up in seconds, so they could get hit by another clothesline. The Superkick has gone the same way. It's what happens in wrestling. Why doesn't Dustin use his old Bulldog finisher as a nearfall? Because it's become too downgraded in the last 25 years.

There's a Mr. Okada or Mr. Rainmaker for you on line-one, (hard to tell, he has quite a pronounced accent), anyway he seems upset...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

They've added Dark Order vs Jack and Angelico vs Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy for Saturday's card.

They also now have Britt Baker and Bea Priestly IN ACTION - but these were separate notices and not listed as against each other.

Edited by Tromatagon

I'm fine with undercard matches being a surprise or last minute additions. PWG's mystery vortex shows are a great idea if only for those in attendance as it takes them months to release the DVDs. I'd enjoy a similar gimmick for AEW when we can watch live without the card being spoiled.

Edit: I'm off the PWG bandwagon now that the talent is gone and it's just reverted back to its worst tendencies of having a bunch of dudes try to get over with mindless usage of spots, but (and yeah, this is hypocritical) I need to see that Darby vs. Janela in a guerrilla warfare match from this year's Mystery Vortex show.

Edited by Oyaji

1 hour ago, Tromatagon said:

They've added Dark Order vs Jack and Angelico vs Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy for Saturday's card.

They also now have Britt Baker and Bea Priestly IN ACTION - but these were separate notices and not listed as against each other.

What did I do to you to be put on ignore? ?

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I think I need an explanation. Does YT have some sort of PPV deal where I can order a video from a content provider, or are they saying that they are kicking in their ad revenue? Also, I thought that pro wrestling-related videos were de-monetized a couple years ago, is that no longer the case?

19 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

I think I need an explanation. Does YT have some sort of PPV deal where I can order a video from a content provider, or are they saying that they are kicking in their ad revenue? Also, I thought that pro wrestling-related videos were de-monetized a couple years ago, is that no longer the case?

I don’t believe that’s to order the show. That looks like some sort of live alternate fan commentary by Cultaholic. They’ll probably ask for donations on air.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

I'm not familiar with them, are they good?  Not that I would ever watch but they have a lot of followers.

Cultaholic are the dudes from Whatculture, minus the lead guy because he quit since he got outed for being an asshole towards women. They are not that good unless you like British dudes making lists about wrestling.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Cultaholic are the dudes from Whatculture, minus the lead guy because he quit since he got outed for being an asshole towards women. They are not that good unless you like British dudes making lists about wrestling.

Ahhhh... Okay... I’ve never listened to a live alternate commentary track before, but I don’t think I’ll this a chance. Never cared for these guys much. The only guys with funny accents from the UK I’ll give a chance are the OSW guys, and Allan.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs