DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SUMMER 2019

RIPPA

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

The original LAX is Homicide and Hernandez and when they went heel they were called The OGs.  So I would guess that since LAX is now tied to Santana and Ortiz they should be able to use it now.  It would be weird if they have a "worker friendly" policy yet pull something about gimmicks established before a certain time frame.

Plus they let EC3 keep his name when he left for WWE. And they haven't pulled the plug on Eli Drake yet. So I imagine they'll let them keep LAX

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AxB said:

Isn't Eddie Kingston retiring soon?

He says this is his last year in Wrestling but IDK i'm sure if given an offer to good to pass up why would you not sign it. He had a try out with WWE and turned down an offer in September of 16, plus from what I gathered from Kingston Interviews WWE wasn't important to him or not what his end goal for wrestling was. He's one half of the Evolve tag team champions so he's gonna be on the Network on Saturday. He's only 37,he's having a banger year, he's facing Tom Lawler for the AIW championship at their biggest show of the year ABsolution come early August, which smart money would be on Kingston walking away with the strap. I feel like Kingston has a lot to offer especially in promo ability and believability.

I'm not so convinced AEW couldn't come up with a better name than LAX.  It seems smart to me that TNA would want their company creations to keep their names.  Adds more to their videotape library/back catalog.  

I haven't seen Eddie Kingston perform in many years. When last seen he was a loud oaf with very little to offer. The quintessential 'mudshow' wrestler. That said, it sounds like I'd be missing out to assume he's the same as he was.  Anybody got links to one of his recent  standout performances?    

Very interested to see Shoko Nakajima.  AEW, with a great deal of help from the Joshi ranks, is making me believe they were on to something when Khan suggested their Women's division would be to their shows what the cruiserweight division was to WCW.  

35 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

That's... not gonna work.  Surely they can come up with something new. 

Their NXT name could be Ortiz and Santana Love to Have Fun With Your Balls.

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Entertain Your Fucking Balls Off

Eat your Fucking Breakfast OK?

Every Year Fatter, Balder, Older.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Tailor made for a feud with New Day. 

Leave Terry Taylor out of this. He's been through enough. I hear he runs cock fights now in the basement of a bodega.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

14 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Company jumps are always exciting on paper, but do either John Impact or the LAX bring a whole lot to the mix in either company?  Or are they better off building their own, perhaps more fresh, stars?  

I find it amusing Hennigan's so invested in his acting work, when the biggest film he was in was Sharknado 5.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ace said:

I find it amusing Hennigan's so invested in his acting work, when the biggest film he was in was Sharknado 5.

Johnny Sharknado V

Johnny Sharknado the 5th has nice ring to it.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

12 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

I'm not so convinced AEW couldn't come up with a better name than LAX.  It seems smart to me that TNA would want their company creations to keep their names.  Adds more to their videotape library/back catalog.

I'm trying to wrap my head around this statement. Do you think AEW would allow them to show AEW matches on future DVD releases or on their back catalog on Impact+? Or do you mean since they're LAX in a bigger company, it adds value to what they did in Impact? Because if it's the former, then I don't think that's going to happen.

On 7/10/2019 at 6:25 PM, Ace said:

I wouldn't say Cody shits on TAKA. He buries the fuck out of DragonGate, though.

This absolutely feels like a precursor to PAC coming in down the line or upset PAC dropped out early.

I know I am a few days late. Just catching up.