DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2019 WRESTLING TALK

10 hours ago, AxB said:

If I was feeling uncharitable, I'd suggest it was an acronym for "Rant, Yell, Add Nothing". But I'm not. So clearly it stands for "Respond: Yes; Alternatively, No".

That is correct. You must have ensorcelled me!

13 hours ago, notoriusvig said:

Are there any apps that let you listen to paid F4W podcasts on a cell phone?  I tried using Podcast Addicts and it doesn't seem to work.  I've got a F4W sub and I just want to start listening to stuff at the gym when I have time.

iPhone or Android?

I have an iPhone and swear by Downcast.  You can add F4W's feeds manually and configure it with your name and pw.  Subscribe and it'll DL them as they're posted.

When I had an Android, I never found an app I liked as much as Downcast, so I'd just DL them manually and listen using VLC.  I tried Podcast addict but it just felt really messy.

Edited by Technico Support

13 hours ago, notoriusvig said:

Are there any apps that let you listen to paid F4W podcasts on a cell phone?  I tried using Podcast Addicts and it doesn't seem to work.  I've got a F4W sub and I just want to start listening to stuff at the gym when I have time.

I use Podcast Addict all the time and didn't have issues for the most part (unless I had to change my password then it was a pain to get them all reconnected.  But basically when tapping on the + sign twice you would select the RSS feed option.  It does have a check box for Authentication where it has you put your credentials in.  After that it should be able to get them fine.  I tried other apps but had varying results so not sure which other ones to recommend for the F4W podcasts.

Once they changed servers last year or late 2017, the f4w feeds stopped working for me on podcast addict. It sucks as now I just use the Chrome browser player and that thing is terrible. 

Podcast Addict still works, but you have to move the downloaded episodes to the Podcasts folder on your Android phone. Not sure how it works for iPhone.

I used to do the same thing with Pocket Casts, but their most recent update doesn't allow you to play files from a folder.

6 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Once they changed servers last year or late 2017, the f4w feeds stopped working for me on podcast addict. It sucks as now I just use the Chrome browser player and that thing is terrible. 

They definitely had some issues with it.  Last summer they did some changes that screwed up all the episodes.  Eventually I got it to work by deleting and re-adding the links.

Just now, Technico Support said:

I haven't checked in a while but I believe there's a thread in the Podcasts section of the board where users discuss which apps work well and which don't.

That is true and I post in there when there's something to point out.  But unless one of the mods moves these posts I was just responding to a question here.

11 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Oh shoot. I meant to say Pocket Cast not addict. 

Yeah, Pocket Casts fucked everyone over. Like, you have to pay for the app and they wound up removing features from it with their update from some months ago.

I still use Pocket Casts for most podcasts, but I use Podcast Addict for WO shows and a couple other things. 

• Like 1

I was just thinking...if the Saudi shows had happened last weekend as originally planned, would they have flown back to the US for TV and then back to Europe for the tour? That would've been insane.

32 minutes ago, Infinit said:

I was just thinking...if the Saudi shows had happened last weekend as originally planned, would they have flown back to the US for TV and then back to Europe for the tour? That would've been insane.

They are running Europe for the shows

Both shows are in London - the O2 Arena

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
14 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Honestly, whenever I read one of your posts, I always picture you as Kristen Bell because of your avi.

Which is a compliment. The insult would be if I pictured you as Arizona dirtbag Eleanor Shellstrop. 

I mean, I'm happy either way. I do love some shrimp and I may have had a bad few years where I was mean to environmentalists.

48 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

They are running Europe for the shows

Both shows are in London - the O2 Arena

Wasn't they original Saudi date Saturday May 4th? I was thinking about May 6-7 TV shows.

1 minute ago, Infinit said:

Wasn't they original Saudi date Saturday May 4th? I was thinking about May 6-7 TV shows.

I see what you are saying. Yeah - the original date was Friday May 3

You would think they would have run a second week of TV in the UK but they are also crazy

• Like 2

If he really is a huge racist, he won't fucking care about being an albatross and a bigot. He'll revel in it.

• Like 1

Yeah, but if it hits mainstream media, it won't matter if he's revelling in it, he'll be out on his ass faster than he can seig heil. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dolfan in NYC said:

Yeah, but if it hits mainstream media, it won't matter if he's revelling in it, he'll be out on his ass faster than he can seig heil. 

I honestly hope that's the case.  I don't mind what he brings to the table and the idea of a calm man out of the ring being a monster in it sounds neat.  But there's no room for his shit even if it is run by somebody who might not object with some of his views.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Eh...This is the same company that doesn't give a shit about what anyone else thinks when it comes to Saudi Arabia and they welcomed back Hulk Hogan on the shakiest of grounds where Hogan put more of the blame on "THERE'S MICROPHONES EVERYWHERE, BROTHER."

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if nothing happened.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

On his ass? Please! I'm sure he'll find a gig somewhere video blogging about outrage culture and "demographic changes."

5 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'm just stating it on a personal level. He wouldn't care that everyone hates him if he really is that bad still. If he starts losing money, that's another story.

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Eh...This is the same company that doesn't give a shit about what anyone else thinks when it comes to Saudi Arabia and they welcomed back Hulk Hogan on the shakiest of grounds where Hogan put more of the blame on "THERE'S MICROPHONES EVERYWHERE, BROTHER."

Different cost-benefit analysis.

• They have a lot to gain by riding out the media storm with the KSA.
  • There's still money to be gained from Hogan's image.
  • They have nothing to gain by standing with Lars, but risk a bad look for no reason.
Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

"That's not a microphone, brother." - Hogan on tape next year.

• Haha 1