DVDVR Message Board

Marvel - Everything Else - 2019

17 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

This reminds me. Why isn't someone remaking The Blob. 

Someone already remade it in the 80's and it was perfect.

The_Blob_(1988)_theatrical_poster.jpg

It doesn't need a third reboot.  The 80's reboot needs a sequel.

On 4/1/2019 at 4:40 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

This reminds me. Why isn't someone remaking The Blob. 

Samuel L. Jackson has been attached to a remake for a couple of years now, which I REALLY want to happen only so I can hear him yell "MOTHERFUCKING BLOB!"

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 7:24 PM, Brian Fowler said:

31 is fine. Your standard "psychos hunt kidnapped people" story filtered through Zombie.

Yes, Manhunt:  The Movie produced by Rockstar Games was not entirely without it's gory charms.

EG Daily being adorable and batshit crazy also helped.

Edited by J.T.

This looks like such a fucking piece of shit. I hate to just judge a movie based off a trailer because it's not fair to let 2 minutes represent 90 to 120 minutes, but in the first 30 seconds we have:

• The X-Men helping Nasa
  • A space shuttle in orbit spinning like a fucking top
  • The Phoenix force is just another fucking space blob
  • JEAN SCREAMING IN THE VACUUM OF SPACE

The rest of the trailer shows what looks like the rest of the movie and so much of it looks awfully similar to X3 because...the guy directing this likely piece of shit wrote the script for X3. I wouldn't trust that asshole to wipe his own ass properly.

It is impressive, really fucking impressive, that twice now Fox and Avi Arad and the guy directing this could just fuck up a movie about the Phoenix. And then you add in the fact that three times now when they screened this for test audiences it bombed miserably and it's hard to have any hope that this thing could be good. There would need to be a World War Z miracle, that kind of, "wow, this is shockingly not terrible and kinda entertaining" type of miracle for this to be good.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Craig H said:

The rest of the trailer shows what looks like the rest of the movie and so much of it looks awfully similar to X3 because...the guy directing this likely piece of shit wrote the script for X3.

Really makes "Days of Future Past" stand out on his writing credits (some people might point to Sherlock Holmes, too, but I am not one of those people).

59 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I wouldn't trust that asshole to wipe his own ass properly.

I...but if...what.

1 hour ago, Contentious C said:

Really makes "Days of Future Past" stand out on his writing credits (some people might point to Sherlock Holmes, too, but I am not one of those people).

I...but if...what.

lol I was rolling

6 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

@Craig H swears so much in his posts that I often take him as being more viscerally outraged than he probably really is. 

? Yeah, I'm totally not that viscerally outraged. I said it before, but a lot of it is just shtick and a lot of it is habit. I sometimes try to not use so much profanity when I type and then sometimes I don't even care.

In person, I'm usually reserved and respectful and have my dad jeans on. Only time I get rolling like that is when I'm with friends and we're just fucking around and bullshitting.

I have far too much anxiety to be that angry. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

@Craig H swears so much in his posts that I often take him as being more viscerally outraged than he probably really is. 

I was thinking of it a bit more literally.  "But if it's an asshole, how does an asshole have an ass that needs to be wiped?  Is it assholes all the way down?  Or is that just...wiping itself, or is it like set theory where you describe something as an asshole and that means there must be a set created containing the ass, or...ERROR, ERROR" and then my brain needs to take a break.

Clearly my job is too boring.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

Early Reviews are in. They are..... not good.

I've seen people ask how they did the Dark Phoenix story worse then Last Stand. That's bad.

To do the Dark Phoenix worse than the Last Stand? Fuck.

Edited by The Natural

14 minutes ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

Early Reviews are in. They are..... not good.

I've seen people ask how they did the Dark Phoenix story worse then Last Stand. That's bad.

Lowest rated X-Men film. Yes worse than X-Men Origins: Wolverine, X-Men: Apocalypse and X-Men: The Last Stand.

I still don't understand how Apocalypse gets ranked down with those two. I mean, it wasn't great, but it was on around the same level as First Class.

Anyway, this film had massive reshoots, got rescheduled, only to find out another superhero movie had nearly the exact same climax (Captain Marvel is the going theory) leading to them completely redoing the climax in a second round of reshoots...

So, I guess what I'm saying is, I'm not surprised it's not getting good reviews.

It's a shame though. It would be nice if the franchise could go out with a bang.