DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SPRING 2019

Dolfan in NYC

Cheers @The Natural but I probably shouldn't be lumped in with the real supporters. I'm more Spurs and Leicester but given the two teams left in the title race, I knew who I was rooting for. The turnaround in the Champions League was such a great moment and grabbing the Premier League title on the last day would have been such an amazing story for the club.

• Like 1

I hope this is a learning process of a season for Liverpool. More self belief and more calm if they get another lead like they had in December. Saying that, Klopp, Virgil, Alisson, the whole backline and midfield made huge strides in figuring out the balance between attack and defence which has allowed them to transition away from a team that had to score 3 or 4 to win to a team that can calmly see out a 1-0. We will be there or there about for years to come and I hope City and Liverpool can push each other like this on and on. 

One lost match tho...

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Manchester United 0

Cardiff City 2.

Club's in a right state. You knew it would be tough when Sir. Alex Ferguson retired but I didn't expect to be as bad as it's turned out.

You'd think Ole would have got them to raise their game against his former club. Now all of a sudden it looks like Colin Wanker is a better Cardiff manager than Ole Going Solstice.

I know my typing on this handset is awful (the buttons are too small), but that autocorrect can stay.

• Haha 1

Both teams at the top were basically championship form teams this season. Yes they dropped points here and there, but what exactly can you say against 97 and 98 points? Liverpool's point total is the third highest, after City's 100 last and City's 97 this season, if my quick search is right. 

Of course there was a short run were they dropped points, but lord... 

3 hours ago, AxB said:

You'd think Ole would have got them to raise their game against his former club. Now all of a sudden it looks like Colin Wanker is a better Cardiff manager than Ole Going Solstice.

I know my typing on this handset is awful (the buttons are too small), but that autocorrect can stay.

I really don't know what he was supposed to do: waive a magic wand and make players who've totally sucked all season stop sucking? Can anyone argue we have anything better than the 6th best roster in the league? We finished where we deserved to.The worst thing today was that total bullshit penalty awarded against us left us with a very strong message: we are no longer respected the way we once were.

36 minutes ago, sabremike said:

I really don't know what he was supposed to do: waive a magic wand and make players who've totally sucked all season stop sucking? Can anyone argue we have anything better than the 6th best roster in the league? We finished where we deserved to.The worst thing today was that total bullshit penalty awarded against us left us with a very strong message: we are no longer respected the way we once were.

We? Us? I didn't know Mike Phelan posted here.

Guest Edwin

The Champions League has been ridiculous this season.

City smashing Schalke, Ajax making a massive underdog comeback against Madrid, Cristiano pulling Juve to a comeback against Atleti, PSG bottling a 2-0 lead against United with the late penalty game winner, Messi carrying Barça in the second leg past Lyon, Roma and Porto going all out, Spurs and City drama, Ajax with another underdog win against Juve, Messi toying with United's backline, Liverpool steamrolling Porto, the wild Spurs 2nd half 2nd leg comeback hat trick from Moura with the even more bizarre extra time game winner and of course Barça being unable to park the bus leading to an epic Origi and Wijnaldum led Liverpool comeback.

He'd have been able to afford Vegas if he hadn't thrown away 2 million quid trying to take over Debenhams. But the current owners took his money and told him to bugger off. Perhaps Rafa Benitez should follow their example.

Insistutionalisation, mostly.

Salford City have been promoted to League 2. FC United of Manchester appear to have hit a plateau. Possibly there's a correlation there.

10 hours ago, AxB said:

He'd have been able to afford Vegas if he hadn't thrown away 2 million quid trying to take over Debenhams. But the current owners took his money and told him to bugger off. Perhaps Rafa Benitez should follow their example.

I'm surprised Fat Spanish Waiter hasn't walked.