DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SPRING 2019

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Two English sides in the Champions League Final and that may happen in the Europa League as well.

I'm pretty sure Chelsea is going to eek out a goal (or maybe even more) and they do have a good first leg result in their side against Frankfurt. 

Arsenal has a very shaky foundation for their final, I believe. 

• Like 1

P Team GP W D L F A GD Pts Form
1 11.png Man City 37 31 2 4 91 22 69 95
Won against C Palace Won against Spurs Won against Man Utd Won against Burnley Won against Leicester
2 9.png Liverpool 37 29 7 1 87 22 65 94

Let me see if I have this straight. If (GARGATUAN if) Liverpool somehow draw 4-4 with Wolves and City lose 4-0 at Brighton, they'd be even on points, goal diff and goals scored. Meaning a one game playoff for the title?

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Let me see if I have this straight. If (GARGATUAN if) Liverpool somehow draw 4-4 with Wolves and City lose 4-0 at Brighton, they'd be even on points, goal diff and goals scored. Meaning a one game playoff for the title?

Given the last 2 nights - is it really that big an IF?  ?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, The Natural said:
Liverpool vs. Tottenham Hotspur in the Champions League Final and Arsenal vs. Chelsea in the Europa League Final. Wow.

Two finals, four clubs, none from Europe...

• Like 1

Congratulations, Pete. City were machines after those winter stumbles.

Liverpool can reflect on dropped points vs the two Manchester clubs. Come back next year with a similar and even more mature effort. A European Cup wouldn't be a bad consolation prize. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Congratulations, Pete. City were machines after those winter stumbles.

Liverpool can reflect on dropped points vs the two Manchester clubs. Come back next year with a similar and even more mature effort. A European Cup wouldn't be a bad consolation prize. 

Yes. A 7 point lead, couple of draws and Kompany's rocket against Leicester this week. Any other season you'd have won by a mile.

• Thanks 1