DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SPRING 2019

Dolfan in NYC

6 hours ago, AxB said:

Salah and Firmino both out tonight. Barring a miracle, Liverpool are on course for the best nothing season ever.

So with Chelsea being 4th, if they beat Arsenal in the Europa league final (assuming both hold their semi-final leads), does that put Arsenal into the CL the same way winning Europa would?

Yeah, so about that miracle......

Edited by sabremike
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

No. I think the only variable right now is Watford gets in the Europa League if they win the FA Cup. 

I think Watford get into Europa win or lose, actually. Like Stoke City, when they lost the FA cup final, but Man City had CL qualification through league position, so Pulis into Europe really happened.

Meanwhile, in what may (or not. Who can say?) prove to be a cruel metaphor for next season's premiership adventure, Norwich City's victory bus broke down while they were parading the Championship trophy.

37 minutes ago, AxB said:

I think Watford get into Europa win or lose, actually. Like Stoke City, when they lost the FA cup final, but Man City had CL qualification through league position, so Pulis into Europe really happened.

Meanwhile, in what may (or not. Who can say?) prove to be a cruel metaphor for next season's premiership adventure, Norwich City's victory bus broke down while they were parading the Championship trophy.

Loser of the FA Cup no longer gets Europe. That change d a couple years ago.

Guest Edwin

That was a great game.

Despite not having their best attackers, Liverpool made up for it. Shaqiri was bad in the first half, but got better in the second half. Mané and Virgil were nonexistent, but Henderson, Robertson, Origi and Wijnaldum were fantastic today. Origi and Wijnaldum more than made up in Firmino and Salah's absence. Namely Origi. Not sure what Klopp told those boys at half time, but they pulled it off. Even if it ended in 3-3 draw and went to PKs and 'Pool lost, their fans should be proud of their players. They gave their all on the pitch and it was an unbelievable performance. They have to be the favorites to win it now.

Barça played poorly today. They looked tired and slow. Messi was nonexistent. Suárez was nonexistent. Alba, Rakitić and Coutinho looked terrible. Lenglet looked good in the first half, but terrible in the second half. Vidal was easily MOTM for Barça as he did a fantastic job holding off Mané. Not sure why Valverde subbed him off. Piqué was good in the first half, too, but slowed down in the second half, as did Ter Stegen.

Edited by Edwin

I see Suarez cleaned up his game. 

Just finished watching and I'm still overcome with emotions. Without Mo and Bobby, I was hoping they'd make Barcelona sweat and work for it. 2005 and all that, but it's Barcelona and we're starting a game with Origi (The Clutchest Motherfucker, but still Divock Origi - new age Smicer?!) and Shaqiri, who is not in game shape after sitting on the bench for almost all of the second half of the season. Was walking around the grocery store with the biggest shit eating grin like a weirdo. 

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 1

Good Job by Liverpool. I'm very happy for Klopp, whom I like a lot as a manager and personality.

Also, this breaks the Spanish vice grip on the CL, last winner not from La Liga was Bayern in 2013. It will be interesting to see if the neutrals in Madrid will be on Liverpool's side now with them eliminating the great rivals of the city's clubs. 

• Like 1

Guest Edwin

There's a video of apparently Culé's harshly confronting Leo about the elimination... Right, because he was the one person responsible for the elimination and because he isn't the one who's carried the club by himself a lot of the time.

Forge FC get our first ever CPL victory with a 3-0 beating of Pacific FC at The Donut Box. First team to score 3 goals in a game as well. Will be headed up there for the game vs Edmonton on the 29th. #ForgeFC #HammerTime

30 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Couldn't even let him run the club for one full season. Couldn't accept that they might be due for a down year or two after SAF's magical run there. There is a chance he might've steadied the ship, but what do we know...

• Like 2