DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SPRING 2019

Dolfan in NYC

So... last night in a Copa Sudamericana match, Zulia beat National de Potosi, 1-0.  

The insanity of this otherwise mundane score is National took 54(!!!) shots.   

Here's the shot chart:

Soccer fucking rules. 

Guest Edwin

Don't know much about English football, but there's talks in Argentina and Italy that Biesla wants to sign Nahitan Nández from Boca. If so, holy cow. Massive under the radar signing. Nández is an absolute beast.

On 3/20/2019 at 9:33 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

So... last night in a Copa Sudamericana match, Zulia beat National de Potosi, 1-0.  

The insanity of this otherwise mundane score is National took 54(!!!) shots.   

Here's the shot chart:

Soccer fucking rules. 

In the Football Manager world this would almost be considered getting "FM'd" if Potosi ended up winning. 

Guest Edwin
1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

Whoa, that dude looks the spitting image of Juan Manuel Mata. Is he half the player Mata was at his peak at Valencia?

He's a different player to Mata -- he's more of a box-to-box CM, but yes, he's really good. He's never played in Europe before though, but I'm confident he can adapt. The player he resembles the most to me is Radja Nainggolan (who I'm a massive fan of).

He was great for Uruguay in the World Cup and is easily one of the best players in South America, so it's surprising no one else from a first division league in Europe has gone after him.

I know he was linked with a move to Atleti and I was stoked to see him play under Simeone as I think he would fit in like a glove, but that nothing ever came from it unfortunately.

@ 0:47 and 0:57 are my favorite moments.

Edited by Edwin

England U-21 vs Germany U-21 on Tuesday. Stars of the future collide and all that, but also Germany's under 21's  manager is everyone's favourite German player from the 90s. People who hated Germany would buy a shirt, just to have his name on the back.

His name is Stefan Kuntz.

• Haha 1

Spurs' new stadium is finished, first competitive game there next week. Also, 2 NFL games a season there for the next ten years at least. And they want to host a Superbowl soon.

Guest Edwin
On 3/27/2019 at 4:16 PM, odessasteps said:

The ICC missed a trick by not having the Madrid derby match in Miami. 

Yeah, very high chance I'm heading up North for the Madrid Derby or heading to Houston for the game vs. Chivas at least.

Friendly or not, I just want to see Simeone and the boys as I wasn't able to attend any games when I was there in the summer, although I did do the stadium tour which was an amazing experience.

Guest Edwin

Piqué said on a Spanish TV show he created a WhatsApp chat for Barça players and staff and sometimes they'll invite Real Madrid journalist and start sending them pig emojis and they'll start trolling them and then they'll kick them out of the chat.

13 minutes ago, Pete said:

Huddersfield are down after losing 2-0 at Palace. They needed Burnley and Southampton to lose as well, neither happened.

Only second team in Premier League history to be relegated in March, and no, it wasn't Bradford City ; ).

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Only second team in Premier League history to be relegated in March, and no, it wasn't Bradford City ; ).

Guessing it was that hideous Derby squad in 2008. *checks* Yep.

• Sad 1

Guest Edwin

Not sure I've said this before (right, right?), but Messi is special.

Yes, he did it again today in the Catalan derby against Espanyol.

Another incredible brace.

Guest Edwin

For those of you who are interested in South American football, Racing won the Superliga Argentina today. One of the most entertaining games I have ever seen.

Guest Edwin

Yeah, that would have been amazing.

Is Defensa y Justicia the best club name ever? It literally translates to Defense and Justice.