DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2019 WRESTLING GIFS

On 3/8/2019 at 9:24 AM, The Great ML said:

Nowadays the most heated of feuds necessitate chain wrestling for some reason...
UGH. Give me hated punches to the mush any day.

For many younger guys, it's all they really know so it's what they do to fill time...and then this need to "go long" facilitates even more chain wrestling. If it's good, then by all means...but if you're lazy at it and you are just doing it to pad your match...learn how to work a flipping crowd. I recently had a show in Penticton and between baiting the crowd, hollering at the live commentary team, and trying to out-flex my much more muscular opponent, we burned an easy five minutes and the crowd was rabid for some action...so I slapped the kid in the face, he decked me back, and we were off to the races.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Even though he fell like that, it probably didn't hurt a hell of a lot compared to what it could have felt like.

Edited by Ryan
  • Like 1

On 3/9/2019 at 8:33 PM, Wee Bey said:

330172_v1.gif

This was THE BEST as a kid, nothing captured our imagination quite like it. Of course, looking back it's an absolute cluster fuck...

Edited by CreativeControl
garnish

On 3/9/2019 at 3:11 AM, Edwin said:

vd49O2s.gif

You would not believe the heat this match had live (Teddy vs Trent Acid, CZW). They had 500 fans making more noise than I'd heard in 7+ years of ECW shows with triple the crowd size.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pete said:

You would not believe the heat this match had live (Teddy vs Trent Acid, CZW). They had 500 fans making more noise than I'd heard in 7+ years of ECW shows with triple the crowd size.

Yes but was it louder than the Cheetah Master pop?

James

Guest Edwin
4 hours ago, Pete said:

Yes and the match is the exact type of chaotic mess one would expect it to be.

This maybe the loudest indy crowd off the 2000's though: