DVDVR Message Board

IN MEMORIUM 2019

odessasteps

Fuuuck, Danny Aiello was awesome. 

I think my favorite Aiello performance is in The Professional.  He has very little screen time and spends almost all of it sitting at a table, but he still does so much.

• Like 2

On 12/14/2019 at 9:12 PM, odessasteps said:

Whatever they pay the people who put these videos together, it's not enough. Never made it through without crying a lot. And there are always those few names that I didn't know passed and hit hard. Bruno Ganz passed back in February? I know I don't spend much time in this sub-forum but fuck... Katherine Helmond! Brazil and Who's the Boss? (Soap was before my time)... OH man... ? Doris Day is my mother's favourite actress and we always watch one of her movies on my mom's birthday, so that one hit hard too. Where's the box of kleenex? 

• 2 weeks later...

I debated putting it in the Sports media thread due to the fact that he was on WFAN and the controversy that finally got him off the air was sports related

I have a lot of mixed feelings about this that I may or may not take the time to sort out

I'm conflicted with Imus as he was one of the guys that pioneered modern talk radio (form your own opinions on if it was for the better or not) and opened the door for guys like Stern to kick down.  On the other hand, well, I don't really have anything else nice to say about him.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2019 at 2:38 PM, J.T. said:

The man was a force of nature in his role in Benson as Clayton Endicott, III. 

He matched Robert Guillaume stride for comedic stride.

I did not think he could top that performance and then came Odo.

Not only was he a prolific television actor, his list of voice acting credits in animated features is fucking legendary.

RIP.

Way late on this, but for us gamers he was also Mr. House in Fallout: New Vegas.