DVDVR Message Board

All Elite Wrestling is official

Brian Fowler

1 minute ago, OSJ said:

Hell, you start tossing people wearing BC merch, you're going to have a half-empty arena. There are kids walking around Gallup wearing BC shirts that wouldn't know Matt and Nick if they superkicked them.

You do that in Ring of Honor you would have to move shows back to the Murphy Rec Center

• Like 2

Per the WOR show just posted

- Jericho had some talks with WWE (as recently as a couple weeks ago). Meltzer believes that Jericho's deal will allow him to still work for New Japan

- Meltzer said it seems fairly obvious that Kenny Omega will sign with AEW

- They have two TV deals on the table - they just need to decide which one they want to sign

- Cody's comment about "wins and losses" was done as they would like to try to market the promotion as close to "sports" as possible

- Double or Nothing was originally supposed to be at the place the Golden Nights play (I am totally spacing now on the name - T Mobile???). They moved because there was the chance they could get bumped if Vegas had a home playoff game. So they went to MGM Grand just to be safe.

- They are trying to get women - Dave specifically mentioned Viper but he said that it appears she will be going to WWE and not AEW when her contract is up

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

At a SmackDown taping, wouldn't that be an improvement? 

Look at all those people who came dressed as empty chairs...

Just now, RIPPA said:

They moved because there was the chance they could get bumped if Vegas had a home playoff game. So they went to MGM Grand just to be safe.

Yes, T-Mobile Arena would be it.

More from that radio show - AEW apparently approached Mayu Iwatani as recently as a week ago.

She supposedly is doing stuff for ROH

Dave thinks it is liking AEW and Stardom ended up doing some sort of deal

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Per the WOR show just posted

- Jericho had some talks with WWE (as recently as a couple weeks ago). Meltzer believes that Jericho's deal will allow him to still work for New Japan

- Meltzer said it seems fairly obvious that Kenny Omega will sign with AEW

- They have two TV deals on the table - they just need to decide which one they want to sign

- Cody's comment about "wins and losses" was done as they would like to try to market the promotion as close to "sports" as possible

- Double or Nothing was originally supposed to be at the place the Golden Nights play (I am totally spacing now on the name - T Mobile???). They moved because there was the chance they could get bumped if Vegas had a home playoff game. So they went to MGM Grand just to be safe.

- They are trying to get women - Dave specifically mentioned Viper but he said that it appears she will be going to WWE and not AEW when her contract is up

They’re trying to market the promotion as close to real sports as possible? I thought the idea was to be different not another NJPW or ROH.

Good luck using that presentation to  get the type of ratings that a large network would require. 

1 minute ago, Thibs said:

They’re trying to market the promotion as close to real sports as possible? I thought the idea was to be different not another NJPW or ROH.

Good luck using that presentation to  get the type of ratings that a large network would require. 

You say that, but I bet you loved the Fox Box when TNA was on FSN.

3 minutes ago, Thibs said:

There it is, that's the stuff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

More from that radio show - AEW apparently approached Mayu Iwatani as recently as a week ago.

She supposedly is doing stuff for ROH

Dave thinks it is liking AEW and Stardom ended up doing some sort of deal

Nice that it's Stardom.

3 minutes ago, Thibs said:

Sorry you don’t like it ??‍♂️

Dude, you're the one worshipping at the altar until someone says "Sports presentation" then you go batshit that it's killed Impact and get snippy that it's going to hamstring this.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Dude, you're the one worshipping at the altar until someone says "Sports presentation" then you go batshit that it's killed Impact and get snippy that it's going to hamstring this.

I’m legit excited about the things that seem promising. And I’m giving my thoughts about what I don’t think they should be doing and what will hamper them IMO. 

So aka I’m giving my opinions.... on a wrestling message board. And you’re having a meltdown over it. Sorry? Lol. 

8 minutes ago, Raziel said:

There it is, that's the stuff.

hahahaha

Glad they signed MJF. I wonder what happens with his MLW deal now. I believe someone (Meltzer or someone) said WWE approached some MLW guys, but they turned them down because of their deals with MLW and he was believed to have been one of them.

5 minutes ago, Thibs said:

I’m legit excited about the things that seem promising. And I’m giving my thoughts about what I don’t think they should be doing and what will hamper them. 

So aka I’m giving my opinions.... on a wrestling message board. And you’re having a meltdown over it. Sorry? Lol. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raziel said:

giphy.gif

Such bitterness in one so young.... Go watch some footage of Mr. Pogo carving jobbers up with a scythe, always improves my mood.

• Like 1

As a general statement - if someone has posted more than one of these takes the last few years it might be time to retire from the analysis game regarding this new company.

- the Bullet Club was fizzling out and was a dying fad that was killing New Japan and ROH business

- that there was no way that they’d book a produce show

- that there was no way they’d sell out

- that it was just scalpers and the building would be half-full

- that the show would suck anyway.

At some point this becomes Skip Bayless-esque goalpost moving. Looking forward to the ‘well, Nitro got higher ratings than these guys’ takes in a few years. Meltzer says a TV deal is gonna happen; they just signed like 16 performers in six days. This is pretty fucking real. Also, can we ban ‘money mark’ as a phrase? Anytime I read that I just hear Vince Russo’s voice.

oh, Tony Khan WAS Fat Spanish Waiter, right?

• Like 4