DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble XXXII - 1/27/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Another match just announced for the Kickoff show

Rezar/Scott Dawson vs. Roode/Gable - non title

The story is supposedly if Rezar and Dawson win both AOP and Revival will get a future title shot

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Someone mentioned match order and if the women's match is 1st or 2nd - that should make it fairly obvious Charlotte is winning

1st, it helps her chances. Second? I dunno. If Becky-Asuka is on first, there's still plenty of time for her dudeness to bounce back for a Rumble appearance.

The tag title match that followed the Rumble last year featured plenty of guys who'd already worked the Rumble. They don't see too fussed about that sort of stuff. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Someone mentioned match order and if the women's match is 1st or 2nd - that should make it fairly obvious Charlotte is winning

That would be me. Asuka/Lynch happening early also gives Lynch time to make the Royal Rumble women's match.

Sean Ross Sapp says the men's Rumble is going on last (and Becky/Asuka will open the show). You guys that think it won't, because Rollins is winning and that's a bummer or whatever - I'll come back in here to laugh at you when it's the main event and Rollins wins, and the pop is fuckin' huge.

Just now, Rick said:

The minimalist set and angled ramp is a refreshing change. Similar to Wrestlemania 19?

You beat me to it. I'm liking the look. Hopefully the WrestleMania XIX comparisons continue to quality as WrestleMania XIX is a top three WrestleMania.

• Like 1

I like Shawn Michaels kayfabe reasoning for why it is tougher to win now

Basically saying that when he won it - he could almost guarantee that had been in the ring at least once or twice before with everyone in the match. Now you have no idea who is even going to be in the match, let alone whether you had worked them before or not

• Thanks 1

In the reading way too much into things department - Lana not being in her gear yet tells me that they might be doing the last three matches as women's rumble, Brock/Balor, men's rumble

1 hour ago, CSC said:

It's crazy to think the Rumble has been going on for 31 years and has there EVER really been a surprise winner?

Like ... how do you not at least stumble into that idea at some point?

Big John Studd in 1989?

40 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

you guys don't think 88 with Hacksaw, and 89 with Big John Studd winning were surprises?  Hell even when Vince won it was kind of a shock. 

Pretty much all Royal Rumbles until the last 6 or 7 years were surprise wins unless you were a hardcore sheet reader.  And even then I doubt they were spoilering Rumbles that much.  

1 minute ago, Raziel said:

Lana injury opens up for Becky to snag her spot when she loses vs. Asuka via Ronda-ference?

Yeah - I hate myself for not thinking of the Lana getting injury angled out of the Rumble when she wasn't in her gear

• Thanks 1

I'd like to see Becky defeat Asuka, give Ronda some payback and cost her the title (so her Horsewoman friend now has the title), and then Ronda takes Lana's place and wins the Rumble (or they do co-winners Ronda and Charlotte).

Ronda already cost Becky the title last month, she needs to get what's coming to her.

4 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Pretty much all Royal Rumbles until the last 6 or 7 years were surprise wins unless you were a hardcore sheet reader.  And even then I doubt they were spoilering Rumbles that much.  

Yoko is another who I don't think was a huge favorite, but yes you are right. I never really "knew" as a kid/teen