DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble XXXII - 1/27/2019

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, Matt D said:

The only reason Rollins would be even vaguely acceptable (not to me, but to anyone) is that it wouldn't end the card. They have the luxury to go with Ronda as the main event this year.

You say that. But the "Rollins is the best in the world" crowd is surprisingly robust online. 

Main card predictions:

The New Daniel Bryan retains the WWE Championship vs. AJ Styles. 

Brockenhurst Lesnar keeps the WWE Universal Championship beating Finn Balor. I'm keeping that autocorrect in. 

Ronda Rousey defeats Sasha Banks to remain WWE RAW Women's Championship. Possibility Banks may win if Becky Lynch pays Rousey back for TLC. 

Asuka retains the WWE Smackdown Live Women's Championship over Becky Lynch though I see Lynch winning. 

Seth Rollins wins the men's Royal Rumble match. Hope not. Sorry, Casey.

Charlotte Flair wins the women's Royal Rumble match. Depends what happens in Asuka/Lynch, does Becky enter the match? Co-winners in Charlotte and Becky for the first time since 1994?

The Miz/Shane McMahon beat Cesaro/Sheamus for the WWE Smackdown Live Tag Team Titles.

I think the roadblock there is Batista very clearly wants a match with Triple H or someone he's similarly connected to. Though I wouldn't put it past them to see Hunter's injury and try to talk him into a match against Lesnar. 

No shame in them having "nothing else with even a fraction of the star power." Dude shared screen time with Thanos last year. 

4 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I think he'd go over way better than in 2014, because of the Guardians movies and the lack of a specific guy everyone is behind.

He's also built up a lot of equity among smarks for talking shit about creative/TV/Vince and saying he'd do a house-show-only schedule if he could. That type of stuff is catnip for fans like us. 

• Like 4

Just now, CSC said:

It's crazy to think the Rumble has been going on for 31 years and has there EVER really been a surprise winner?

Like ... how do you not at least stumble into that idea at some point?

Santino would have been in 2011, he got a false finish with Del Rio as the final two. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CSC said:

It's crazy to think the Rumble has been going on for 31 years and has there EVER really been a surprise winner?

Like ... how do you not at least stumble into that idea at some point?

This is a great point. But I still get optimistic every single year. 

I'd call Randy Orton a couple years ago a surprise. Because it was too stupid for anyone to acknowledge as a possibility until the betting odds shifted his way. 

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

Santino would have been in 2011, he got a false finish with Del Rio as the final two. 

That was the first guy who came to mind and look how fucking nuts people went for SANTINO.

The time is absolutely right to strap a rocket from someone from NXT in the Rumble and have them win the title at Mania.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I'd call Randy Orton a couple years ago a surprise. Because it was too stupid for anyone to acknowledge as a possibility until the betting odds shifted his way. 

I mean surprise as in someone who WASN'T in the main event scene already.  

2 minutes ago, CSC said:

That was the first guy who came to mind and look how fucking nuts people went for SANTINO.

Remember a year later when they threw him into a chamber match at the last minute and the audience was all-in when it came down to Santino vs Bryan?

The fans make it so obvious they want something fresh and exciting. 

• Like 2

Should win the men's Rumble: surprise (ish) entrant Drew Gulak (then move to SmackDown and have matches with Bryan, AJ, Joe, Andrade, etc PLEASE)

I'm not gonna predict a "will win" because literally nothing could top my "should win."