DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble XXXII - 1/27/2019

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'm sure with the ones you mentioned, you can add Owens and Zayn. (My guess is, to mutually eliminate Lashley somewhere near the middle.) 

Plus I didn't see Goldust in your list, so add his dumb ass to this too. 

I didn't include gimps

KO - while possibly cleared in time - is reportedly not going to return till post Mania

Zayn could show but putting him against Lashley would be weird since Lashley is a heel now (and lord do we not want face Sami again)

Goldust is on basically the same rehab timeline as Fandango so not ready for Rumble. Plus the impression I got was that they are just running on his contract too (like they did with Mark Henry). He might be the one guy they are fine going to AEW just because of the family connection.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matt D said:

What's the deal with Big Show?

Hamstring injury - that's why the did the breakup angle with the Bar was a backstage deal

I mean I guess he could be in the Rumble since I doubt they will stick Kane in it again

• Thanks 1

with Owens coming back face (presumably from the double turn with Lashley), I fear zayn will too.

Goldust in an interview last week said:
"Wednesday at the Performance Center is my next evaluation and I believe we’re gonna probably get me cleared that day. So I’m hoping. They put stem cells in both knees and my knees feel a lot better. I’m feeling pretty good."

Matt Hardy 2 days ago:
"No, I am not retired & not going to be retiring anytime soon. I’ve worked my ass off to rehabilitate & have physically been greenlit. My body is in the best shape it’s been in in years & I’m the lightest I’ve been in 20 years."

so I'll hope for a Woken Matt surprise entry.

I'd say we get at least one NXT guy. EC3 hasn't made his in-ring debut yet either so this looks like a logical place for him to do that.

So if they do go with Finn winning the belt, where does that leave Brock at Mania? Grudge match with Bruan, possibly with a gimmick? I still think McIntyre is the best choice to win with Rey a second. I'm alright with a Finn/Drew match at Mania but a heel challenger to an underdog face champ doesn't seem to have as much oomph as a Drew/Brock match. Then again Rhonda vs Charlotte and/or Becky is probably going to be the main event anyways.

The Men’s Royal Rumble Match will be called by Michael Cole, Corey Graves, JBL and Jerry “The King” Lawler.

The Women’s Royal Rumble Match will be called by Renee Young, Beth Phoenix, Tom Phillips and Corey Graves.

The Universal Championship Match and the Raw Women’s Championship Match will be called by Michael Cole, Corey Graves and Renee Young.

The WWE Championship Match, SmackDown Women’s Championship Match, SmackDown Tag Team Championship Match and United States Championship Match will all be called by Tom Phillips, Corey Graves and Byron Saxton.  

The exciting Fatal 4-Way Cruiserweight Championship Match will be called by Vic Joseph, Nigel McGuinness and Percy Watson.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I'll send you some 1982 Onita instead, pal?

You can if you like, but I have my reasons. They're just as valid as what anyone else wants to see.

Brock only seems to care when he's with somebody on the ability level of AJ or Bryan. Maybe Brock will be arsed to give a fuck working with Balor.

I never wanted a Braun title reign. In all of his main events, there are long stretches where he's laid out on the floor because he's gassed after about ten minutes. He's best suited for quick squashes. Do you think Vince wants Braun as Raw's top champion being consistently outshined by Bryan, AJ, or whomever is WWE champion? Then, there's the issue of his  monster aura being killed. This goes back to Wrestlemania with him being teamed with a ten year old, then constantly coming up short in title matches. WWE's writers did Braun no favors. Braun's ceiling should have been King Kong Bundy or the One Man Gang, a monster that gets his shot at the champion, doesn't win, but stays in the upper mid-card and can be placed in another title feud if needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Once Matt retired, he was given the "Creative Has Nothing For You" vacation.  

Supposedly they want to repackage him, but he's been DOA for so long, it's just sad.  

I read that there was a plan to bring him back w Harper, but Harper needed surgery on a nagging injury. Damn shame what they’ve done to an innovative promo like Wyatt while Rollins drones on in his nasally grating voice about absolutely nothing...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, just drew said:

I read that there was a plan to bring him back w Harper, but Harper needed surgery on a nagging injury. Damn shame what they’ve done to an innovative promo like Wyatt while Rollins drones on in his nasally grating voice about absolutely nothing...

Both Harper and Rowan have been cleared to return, so hopefully the Bludgeon Brothers attack the winner of the SD tag title match.

35 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

You can if you like, but I have my reasons. They're just as valid as what anyone else wants to see.

Brock only seems to care when he's with somebody on the ability level of AJ or Bryan. Maybe Brock will be arsed to give a fuck working with Balor.

I never wanted a Braun title reign. In all of his main events, there are long stretches where he's laid out on the floor because he's gassed after about ten minutes. He's best suited for quick squashes. Do you think Vince wants Braun as Raw's top champion being consistently outshined by Bryan, AJ, or whomever is WWE champion? Then, there's the issue of his  monster aura being killed. This goes back to Wrestlemania with him being teamed with a ten year old, then constantly coming up short in title matches. WWE's writers did Braun no favors. Braun's ceiling should have been King Kong Bundy or the One Man Gang, a monster that gets his shot at the champion, doesn't win, but stays in the upper mid-card and can be placed in another title feud if needed.

I'm just sad that you have to live in a world choosing between a match that you don't want and Rollins vs Balor. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I'm just sad that you have to live in a world choosing between a match that you don't want and Rollins vs Balor. 

I watch plenty of wrestling outside of WWE. Honestly, WWE's main roster is pretty low on the totem pole of importance for me. If I only watched Raw and Smackdown, that's on me for choosing to live in a WWE bubble. The only reason I still keep up with the main roster is because there's so many guys I followed elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, I'm not spending money on tickets for Raw or SD. NXT, yes.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'd rather watch Rollins/Balor than Brock/Braun again.

But your scenario included a Brock/Braun match at 'Mania, so you weren't actually sparing yourself that. And you're subjecting the rest of us to Rollins/Balor!

Brock only seems to care when he's with somebody on the ability level of AJ or Bryan.

Those are two wildly disparate ability levels...

Maybe Brock will be arsed to give a fuck working with Balor.

...and Balor is well below either.

Braun's ceiling should have been King Kong Bundy or the One Man Gang, a monster that gets his shot at the champion, doesn't win, but stays in the upper mid-card and can be placed in another title feud if needed.

Did the crowd ever latch onto Bundy or Gang the way they did Braun, though?

51 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

But your scenario included a Brock/Braun match at 'Mania, so you weren't actually sparing yourself that. And you're subjecting the rest of us to Rollins/Balor!

I didn't say I was going to watch Braun/Brock. That's got piss break, beer run, smoke break, however I use the time written all over it.

If Rollins does win, I could see him working Bryan at Mania. There doesn’t seem to be a natural opponent for Bryan at wrestle mania. Raw could get their challenger at elimination chamber. McIntyre, Strowman, Ambrose, are all guys who could come out of the chamber to challenge Balor. McIntyre or Ambrose would give Balor a natural heel matchup. Same with Rollins/Bryan. Then Strowman and Lesnar can kick the shit out of each other without the title. 

7 hours ago, just drew said:

If Rollins does win, I could see him working Bryan at Mania. There doesn’t seem to be a natural opponent for Bryan at wrestle mania. Raw could get their challenger at elimination chamber. McIntyre, Strowman, Ambrose, are all guys who could come out of the chamber to challenge Balor. McIntyre or Ambrose would give Balor a natural heel matchup. Same with Rollins/Bryan. Then Strowman and Lesnar can kick the shit out of each other without the title. 

Or the natural opponent is Shane because we deserve terrible things.

• Like 1