DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER WRESTLING 2018 GIF THREADS

I think it's the non-wrestler thing. Lita's gimmick of hitting moves on men means that on some level she's considered a combatant, and therefore a legitimate target. On some level. Whereas Keibler was a non- wrestler who seldom even physically interfered in matches (she'd do the visual distraction routine instead). Non-combatant, therefore not an excuseable target.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CreativeControl said:

How come Stacy Keibler is everyone's go-to whenever they bring up Austin's history and not, y'know, him absolutely obliterating Lita with chair shots?

Both are bad. Keibler sticks in my mind. I forgot about the chair shots to Lita till you said.

• Like 1

I think it's more that the LIta one was trying to draw heel heat, whereas he was a babyface with the Stacy one, and it was designed to pop the crowd. Plus, I think it was right around the time it became public that he was physical with Debra, so it was just extremely bad taste on all levels.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

I think it's more that the LIta one was trying to draw heel heat, whereas he was a babyface with the Stacy one, and it was designed to pop the crowd. Plus, I think it was right around the time it became public that he was physical with Debra, so it was just extremely bad taste on all levels.

Exactly why it sticks in my mind

• Like 1

Well all that plus, you know, what the fuck is the message supposed to be there?  As mentioned...Austin vs Lita, sure, Lita was a combatant and it was in the context of a fight, sort of.  Austin vs Kiebler was a babyface beating up a woman because she wouldn't have a beer with him.  Holy fuck.  This is the message they were sending: if a hot girl doesn't want your attention, doesn't want to hang out, whatever, then that bitch deserves a beating.  Trailblazers for "nice guy" culture, there.

Vince is a fucking sociopath.  All his babyfaces are assholes, nobody stays friends for long, and women better know their place. 

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Saw Leatherface play the Rickshaw here in Vancouver a couple years back for, yes, Halloween Hell(!!). His chainsaw shot mad sparks out of it like it was a giant sparkler. Amazing.

That reminds me of Terry Funk writing in his book about almost getting set on fire by the same effect when he was doing Chainsaw Charlie because some dumbass hadn't screwed the gas cap on the saw tight enough and he ended up covered in leaking gas. That was around the same time the Owen fall happened. 

Not only is Vince a sociopath, he also has an unsafe work environment...

21 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

That reminds me of Terry Funk writing in his book about almost getting set on fire by the same effect when he was doing Chainsaw Charlie because some dumbass hadn't screwed the gas cap on the saw tight enough and he ended up covered in leaking gas. That was around the same time the Owen fall happened. 

Not only is Vince a sociopath, he also has an unsafe work environment...

The timeframe is a year off. Funk returned as Chainsaw Charlie at end of December '97 and stopped using the gimmick in April '98. As we know, Owen's accident was 5/23/99.

Yes, Vince is a sociopath. No argument there.

I would start a poll to find out how many actively cheered and enjoyed during ECW/Attitude Era/WCW up to whenever it stopped when a defenseless non-wrestling woman or even just any woman who couldn't realistically defend herself got fucking destroyed in a ring. I would do this poll, but I'm afraid of how many yes answers I would receive. I never understood it. I wonder how many ECW Mutants ended upon 4chan...

20 hours ago, D.Z said:

tumblr_oyaaqlwqIr1u2ragso1_500.gif

BJW fucked up so bad driving him off with the CZW crap. Let's not even mention the near death of Yamakawa which is really just a bad accident that ruined the rest of his career.

• Like 3