DVDVR Message Board

Raw is KO is All In - 8/27/2018

Dolfan in NYC

I was at Raw. Here's a few random thoughts...

Roman being FIP to Ziggler after beating Brock was Fucking Stupid.

OMG thank you Trish for saving us from being put to sleep by Elias.

KO/Seth was a fucking fun match. Kevin did not get squashed.

If Corbin wanted to fuck up Lashley, why didn't he send out the AOP instead of the Acension? 

I see why Vince heeled Braun by having him side with Ziggler and Drew...but a Wyatt Fam reunion would've been alot more cooler.

Here's me and my crew at the beginning of the show: 

Check out my stories for a few more vids, including the great near fall from Seth/KO.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Raziel said:

While we're fantasy booking Corbin and the case, they pretty much established that the HiaC *is* Braun's cash in, he just called the shot.  Like, everyone point blank said it's the cash in.

Yeah, but they also established that Corbin 'forgets' things and will change the rules while a match is taking place. He can do the same at HIAC.

• Like 1

Some will probably disagree, but after they took a bazillion years for Roman to finally beat Brock, I honestly think it'd be wrong to have him loose the title to Strowman right away. It really seems as if they will have Corbin as fall guy, so Braun will get another one-sided feud as an distraction. Maybe he will have to go through Shield members afterwards and earn another shot via Rumble at WrestleMania. 

5 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

As popular as Strowman has been as a face, there’s much greater long-term viability for him as a heel. I’m all for this direction. 

I’m not worried about him getting Ryback’d. I assume Braun has better stuff between his ears.

I just think it muddies things. Because people don't want to boo Braun, and don't want to cheer Roman, but do want to cheer Seth and Ambrose. I think it's much more likely Braun simply winds up less over than the most over heel.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ReiseReise said:

Some will probably disagree, but after they took a bazillion years for Roman to finally beat Brock, I honestly think it'd be wrong to have him loose the title to Strowman right away. It really seems as if they will have Corbin as fall guy, so Braun will get another one-sided feud as an distraction. Maybe he will have to go through Shield members afterwards and earn another shot via Rumble at WrestleMania. 

I half agree, but I think you risk damaging Braun by having him get yet another title shot and not win the belt. He's organically over, you don't want to Lex Luger him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I just think it muddies things. Because people don't want to boo Braun, and don't want to cheer Roman, but do want to cheer Seth and Ambrose. I think it's much more likely Braun simply winds up less over than the most over heel.

If he keeps tipping stuff over he’ll be fine, heel or face. 

At the very least, I’m just happy the belt is back. Lends momentum to the plot on Mondays. 

Honest to god, I thought that Owens was gonna win the IC title. I mean, I know that Seth is gonna be the IC Guy for now, but the both of them seriously had me going to the point where I was certain that Kevin was walking out with the title. 

Good job by the both of them for making me give a shit about a title match like that. It has been a while.

• Like 2

Just now, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

If he keeps tipping stuff over he’ll be fine, heel or face. 

But it won't accomplish the goal of a heel turn.

I really think they are missing the right trick of turning Dean, because they want to sell Shield t-shirts. It's more logical, fills the void on that side, and doesn't risk either of the two guys who are truly over at a main event level on the face side in Braun and, unfortunately, Seth.

4 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

But it won't accomplish the goal of a heel turn.

I really think they are missing the right trick of turning Dean, because they want to sell Shield t-shirts. It's more logical, fills the void on that side, and doesn't risk either of the two guys who are truly over at a main event level on the face side in Braun and, unfortunately, Seth.

That’s true. Dean looks like an evil motherfucker right now. I can see him turning at Survivor Series. Unless there’s another show after HIAC between then. 

Thats a LONG drag for a heel turn though (nowadays). I wanna see it regardless. He’s a natural heel.