DVDVR Message Board

Raw is KO is All In - 8/27/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Owens quitting was odd.

Kind of nice to see them starting to set up Evolution. I do wish Trish got to talk some smack to Alexa.

Dana looked nice in her short match against Sasha.

Would have preferred Bray and Harper as Braun's buddies against the Shield, but I'm ok with this turn of events.

It's always nice to see Trish Stratus. Those good Greek genes keep her looking fantastic. I'd prefer Trish vs. Mickie once more at Evolution rather than Trish vs. Alexa, where Alexa wins and we get some lame forced WWE "torch passing" moment.

In the grand tradition of inept authority figures, Baron Corbin puts Lashley against The Ascension, while he has the Authors of Pain on the roster.

Points to Corey for working in a Rob Halford and a Megadeth reference

That closing segment kind of died a painful death. It felt like a Strowman heel turn, working with McZiggler. Bray and Harper would have gotten a much better reaction than McIntyre and fucking Ziggler. Maybe Braun goes back to the family after Dolph and Drew inevitably fail him.

I wonder where this KO angle goes. I enjoyed the hell of out his match with Rollins.

• Like 4

Just now, OctopusCinema said:

After the KO Segment he deleted his tweets and just put up a few pictures. First batch was his big career moments. Then next batch was his recent bummers. Hopefully this leads to a meta gloomy on internet storyline. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/FightOwensFight

We're going to get WWE's version of The Age of the Fall.

• Like 2

So who is winning the Hell in a Cell main event?

Are they gonna have Braun lose another Universal Title match and obviously the briefcase as a result? I really think it would halt his momentum if he loses.

But I don’t see them taking the belt off Roman this early after they’ve spent years building him up for this run.

I know there will be a lot of fuckery and the match will be hella overbooked but somebody will have to go over. I’d bet on Roman.

Forget Harper and Bray, Lashley and Finn coming out would have worked just as well, and in theory, gives them 6 guys people care about. Instead Lashley worked a squash against the Ascension, and Finn was made to look like a chump against Corbin. 

Instead we have heel Strowman, largely to protect how well Rollins is going as a face presumably?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

We're going to get WWE's version of The Age of the Fall.

A couple of days on twitter. Then they'll jump the gun at HIAC and have a new Goth Kevin Owen interfere and feud with Braun for a few months. 

• Like 1

So since Braun handed it over... can Corbin just take the briefcase? He’s not a ref, the bell hasn’t rung, and he’s famously a guy who squandered his chance when he had it. Plus they seeded the idea that he’ll adjust match stipulations in order to win. Just make the HIAC match—which he can do regardless—and then cash-in after or (if they really want to kill him) before/during. 

That would be really dumb and bad for everyone—so of course, I kinda want it to happen now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Beech27 said:

So since Braun handed it over... can Corbin just take the briefcase? He’s not a ref, the bell hasn’t rung, and he’s famously a guy who squandered his chance when he had it. Plus they seeded the idea that he’ll adjust match stipulations in order to win. Just make the HIAC match—which he can do regardless—and then cash-in after or (if they really want to kill him) before/during. 

That would be really dumb and bad for everyone—so of course, I kinda want it to happen now.

He would have to do it before the match right? If the bell rings, that means that Braun’s cash-in attempt is in progress. During or after the match, the briefcase would be useless because it was already cashed in.

Just now, OctopusCinema said:

A couple of days on twitter. Then they'll jump the gun at HIAC and have a new Goth Kevin Owen interfere and feud with Braun for a few months. 

Let's try it.

KO = Jimmy Jacobs

a repackaged emo Tyler Breeze = Tyler Black

Luke Harper (a fomer AotF member himself) = Necro Butcher

Nikki Cross = Lacey

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, OctopusCinema said:

After the KO Segment he deleted his tweets and just put up a few pictures. First batch was his big career moments. Then next batch was his recent bummers. Hopefully this leads to a meta gloomy on internet storyline. 

He’ll just start hanging out in the rafters.

#Crowens 

I’ll see myself out. 

(Fucks sake, refrain from a Blazer joke. Have some decorum on this forum.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, FlaeBlazer said:

He would have to do it before the match right? If the bell rings, that means that Braun’s cash-in attempt is in progress. During or after the match, the briefcase would be useless because it was already cashed in.

Corbin’s the GM, he can book that match without having Braun use the MITB contract, then Corbin cashes in with it after the match.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FlaeBlazer said:

Well, in my imagining, Corbin just makes the match without invoking the cash-in. He can do that, after all, and it’s a viable main event—no one would question anything. And since Braun “gave” it to him, there’s time to work out a loophole... I mean this is dumb, and I know it’s dumb—he could just make the match a triple-threat if he really wanted to—but the camera lingered for a bit on Corbin eying the case, and I couldn’t help but wonder what the most bonkers implication for that shot would be. Chekov's briefcase, let’s say. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

Corbin’s the GM, he can book that match without having Braun use the MITB contract, then Corbin cashes in with it after the match.

Corbin is going to do something with the briefcase, that much is clear. Braun gave it up presumably to lull Roman into thinking all would go well in their tag match, but he seems to be missing the big picture. He has no control over MITB now. And Corbin is just dangerous enough to do something dumb with it. Corbin trying to get a world title shot after goofing on his own MITB cash-in makes sense and any fallout with Braun makes sense if they draw on Corbin eliminating Strowman from the Royal Rumble a while back.

If they worried that much about Roman being cheered, they wouldn't have him go against Finn in Brooklyn last week.

9 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

He’ll just start hanging out in the rafters.

#Crowens 

I’ll see myself out. 

(Fucks sake, refrain from a Blazer joke. Have some decorum on this forum.)

I don't think anyone here is a big enough scum bag and/or hack comedian to make an Owen Hart joke. It's obviously a Crow Sting reference.

4 minutes ago, Beech27 said:

Well, in my imagining, Corbin just makes the match without invoking the cash-in. He can do that, after all, and it’s a viable main event—no one would question anything. And since Braun “gave” it to him, there’s time to work out a loophole... I mean this is dumb, and I know it’s dumb—he could just make the match a triple-threat if he really wanted to—but the camera lingered for a bit on Corbin eying the case, and I couldn’t help but wonder what the most bonkers implication for that shot would be. Chekov's briefcase, let’s say. 

I just don’t see Corbin winning that belt with how they’ve booked him like such a geek.

I think Corbin might cash in during the match to take the pin from Roman so Braun is protected but Roman stays champion.

Who do you expect to win the main event?

• Like 2