DVDVR Message Board

Money in the Bank IX - 6/17/2018

Dolfan in NYC

As stated in the Raw thread last night Bray/Matt vs. Axel/Dallas was added for the Raw tag titles.

Also, Seth Rollins vs. Elias for the IC Title and Sami/Bobby.    

I'd say both are good/very good chances of retaining, though Elias would be a great IC champ.  

We're now at 9 normal matches and 2 MitB's. Without a cruiser match and without a US Title match. 

This PPV is going to last forever. 

On 6/2/2018 at 4:14 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

I said 12th tall guy, meaning he's less talented than guys like Corbin and Drew on down the line 

I thought you had it right, he's the 12th most talented on the roster from New York.

• Haha 1

Kane being the guy who has been in the most MitB matches is so bizarre. The guy who might be least suited to this kind of match is the one who has been in most of them.

39 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Also, wait, they cited it taking Kane 56 minutes to cash in his contract. I swear Dean Ambrose's cash-in happened faster than that.

I think they confused Kane and Dean Ambrose's time

Per wiki - Kane cashed in 49 minutes. Ambrose was 57 minutes

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

Kane being the guy who has been in the most MitB matches is so bizarre. The guy who might be least suited to this kind of match is the one who has been in most of them.

You should have some bases on those matches, right? 

Remember, they always wanted at least one big guy in there to bounce the smaller guys off.  So it was the Kane/Henry/Big Show rotation for a while... with Kane usually being the one to get the call, since he's a solid worker, all-but uninjurable, and makes a lot of stuff look super-hurty.   

Plus he got that one extra one when someone (Vince, Hunter, Johnny, I forget) actually asked him why he didn't want to be champ. When he told them he was perfectly fine getting the championship, they scrambled had him win and cash in successfully on Rey. 

POSSIBLE HUGE SPOILER from PWI: 

Spoiler

James Ellsworth has apparently being brought back in and will be at Money in the Bank in some capacity.  

Most logical idea is he costs Asuka the title.  

• Like 2

On 6/11/2018 at 3:21 PM, Craig H said:

That's the only thing I can think of, but surely there were better options than Kane for a few of those years.

There's always a better option than Kane.

You need a base for high flying guys? Claudio Cesaro Motherfucking Castagnoli

• Thanks 1

On 6/11/2018 at 3:43 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

POSSIBLE HUGE SPOILER from PWI: 

Reveal hidden contents

James Ellsworth has apparently being brought back in and will be at Money in the Bank in some capacity.  

Most logical idea is he costs Asuka the title.  

Ugh...just ugh

• Like 3

On 6/12/2018 at 10:50 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Ugh...just ugh

Spoiler

I dunno, man.  Ellsworth was a pretty damn good foil for the likes of Becky and in his role it seemed to work out for him.  So it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world as long as he's not getting DQ wins over AJ or something stupid like that.  Plus he seems like a great guy who I find myself rooting for.

EDT:  D'oh!  My bad, Dolfan.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

One thing they're quickly glossing over.  Apparently *all* PPV's are now going to be 4 hours, beginning at 7 EDT. 

We covered that awhile ago - I think we are all numb to it now.

It is a win for me because it ensures that I will be long asleep when Bobby Roode wins

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, nofuture said:

Rumor killer.

Per the new WON

PW Insider reported that James Ellsworth will be a surprise return at Money in the Bank this coming week. This was pretty much confirmed when the MKW promotion in China, who had Ellsworth booked on 6/16 and 6/17, said that Ellsworth had pulled out of the bookings. They said they had been trying to get in touch with him for a week and he wouldn’t respond until finally giving them the word he wasn’t coming. Ellsworth, 33, was released when they decided they wanted Carmella on her own and without him, and they didn’t open up a new role for him. It would be the one year anniversary of Ellsworth helping Carmella win the briefcase. So you could easily see him as a gag in the second women’s MITB match, or being used for a finish in the Carmella vs. Asuka match

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Per the new WON

Being used as a gag in the women's MITB match is fine, but him being involved in the finish of the Asuka match would be pretty stupid and not even respect continuity (Carmella superkicking him after his loss to Beckyy last year), which is probably why WWE will do it.

Hey! Don't blame me - I was responding to someone who already let the cat out of the bag.

God - now I want the Women's match to be the Main Event

• Like 1

You know what happens to people who don't post about James Ellsworth in the spoiler tags?

Spoiler

Ellsworth had one of the better reactions to making the list.  He looked like he was genuinely distraught about it.